What's new

Leaf razor blades, any good?

I just ordered a Leaf Thorn razor. I see they come with some blades. My question is for those of you who have one, how good are the blades that come with it? Should I use them or toss them?
I'm looking forward to using this razor.
What material is this razor made of? They don't say on their website.

Last edited:
You've paid for them, might as well try them. Every face is different, so we can't predict how they'll work for you. All we can do is tell you how they worked for us. Personally, I found them to be OK but not impressive. YMMV.

You've paid for them, might as well try them. Every face is different, so we can't predict how they'll work for you. All we can do is tell you how they worked for us. Personally, I found them to be OK but not impressive. YMMV.
Thanks for the comment. Oh I will use them eventually. Like you said I paid for them.

Recently they changed manufacturers. The old ones were terrible. Give the new ones a shot. In factory 1/2 DE blades Derby Usta have been very good for me and people think highly of Permasharp. Some also like Lord Platinums. Of course you can always snap DE blades, but some may not want to do that.

I get an acceptable shave from the Leaf blades. But I do get an acceptable or better shave from almost all DE blades.

Well I just got in my Leaf Thorn razor today and I shave with one of the blades that came with it. It was not bad at all.
To answer my own question, the blades are okay. I will use them.

It's all Zamak, if I remember right. Don't let that put you off, though. The plating is very durable.

The coating on my Leaf held up well for about two years and now it is getting badly scratched up just from being in a drawer with (packaged) soap. The plating on my two year old Twig is not showing any signs of problems, but based on the experience with the Leaf I would be careful about making predictions.

The blades are usable/okay.

I tried the "Leaf" branded blades, and then tried some Shark SS Saloon blades...and threw the Leaf blades in the garbage.

Still, I'm curious who makes the Leaf blades.

I will give them a try. Who has tried them and don't like them?
Me.
I bought a Twig a few weeks ago and tried the Leaf half blades. Three strokes and I was done. I binned in and replaced it with a Shark Super Stainless and the difference was noticeable immediately.

Top Bottom