What's new

LEA Professional

Recd a shipment from Connaught that included a tube of LEA professional. Figured why not for ~$6. First off, the amount is unreal. A 250ml tube will last a long time. Probably 2x size of Proraso tube. Secondly, scent is very minimal to me. Lastly, a small dab makes a good deal of excellent lather. Anyone else used LEA Pro?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Yep, I got the same cream from the same place, and I couldn't agree more. Love the lather and the scent (clean and soapy fragrance, and I agree, very mild). I'm definitely a fan!

Perhaps the best value product out there. And in Spain it’s about $3.50 if that! Excellent stuff and there is a after shave balm for about $2 that’s equally impressive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a tube, I have yet to try an Iberian cream that dissapoints. Some are overpriced -=ahem cough Musgo cough ahem =- but otherwise they are excellent.

Yes, I bought a large tube in Spain. I find it to be on the thin side. I noticed that my tube does not list coconut acid/oil as an ingredient whereas I saw another version of shave cream on LEA’s website that does contain coconut acid/oil. I wonder if this makes a difference?

I noticed this when I compared the ingredients for the LEA with a sample of cream that I got from The Art of Shaving that was really rich and contained this ingredient. I had no idea that creams could be so luxurious and easy to use.

All said, I am seriously thinking about buying a tub of Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
How does this compare to the LEA classic cream?
Great question, and I'm looking forward to someone weighing-in with an answer. I have the Professional and the Menthol, and performance-wise, I really don't see much of a difference. There is a scent difference between the Pro and Menthol, and I'm guessing that's a result of the Menthol.

I just used the LEA Professional with my SOC boar and GC .84 OC with a Derby Premium and had a very nice shave. Perhaps not the slickest of creams, but it more than did the job!

Yes, I bought a large tube in Spain. I find it to be on the thin side. I noticed that my tube does not list coconut acid/oil as an ingredient whereas I saw another version of shave cream on LEA’s website that does contain coconut acid/oil. I wonder if this makes a difference?

I noticed this when I compared the ingredients for the LEA with a sample of cream that I got from The Art of Shaving that was really rich and contained this ingredient. I had no idea that creams could be so luxurious and easy to use.

All said, I am seriously thinking about buying a tub of Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at ingredients. Mine doesnt mention coconut unless its being called something different. Seems to be right consistency compared to other creams ive used.

LEA professional tubes are basically 250ml LEA classic shaving cream meant for barber use.
Classic is a different line.
LEA professional are the same as LEA original but in 250ml instead of 150. White/blue tube.
Classic is a different product, priced higher and comes in the silver tube of 100g.

Classic is a different line.
LEA professional are the same as LEA original but in 250ml instead of 150. White/blue tube.
Classic is a different product, priced higher and comes in the silver tube of 100g.

I just ordered a tube of LEA Classic and also the classic splash.

I'll report back next week once it arrives and I've tried them.

I take back what I said earlier about the LEA Professional. I have now been getting some great shaves from the LEA using my boar brush - really working up some great lathers.

I just tossed some more expensive soaps/aftershave. Currently I like Cella and La Toja. Speick is over rated, in my opinion. I prefer the above and Proraso to be honest. Just got some 4711 aftershave to try as well. But no matching soap. The LEA classic cream and splash arrived today too.

I love it !
Hi @malocchio, @Jayboz and @Frank Shaves, I just threw in a couple LEA 250g Professional tubes onto an incoming Connaught order to hit the free shipping minimum. Have a tube of the menthol 150g and it is great. Noticed that, unlike the 150g tubes that are metal, the 250g tubes are plastic. Users of the product in the metal tubes have noted a shelf life of up to 5 years.

Any guidance, from your experience with the product, on the shelf life of the large 250g LEA in the plastic tube as it is not as strong a barrier against air and moisture over time as is metal?

With some Cyril Salter that is part of the incoming order this is my first foray into creams as other than the above tube of LEA Menthol I've been 100% shaving soap until now where shelf life isn't much of an issue.

Top Bottom