What's new

Latest update, No Pipe for a While

Last surgery on 12/27, fell/dropped on 12/28, original pain I had before surgery back after fall. Has been a long road, have to use walker or wheel chair, MRI, CT Scans, Injections, Nerve Testing plus numerous office visits. Pain in leg, coming from lower back hurts constantly, on a good day a 7 on the 0-10 scale. The nerve test last week pointed to the next level down from my surgery site L3. After investigation there may be a problem at L4 level, injection this morning at L4. Hopefully this will give the surgeon the info he needs so he can complete another surgery and get back a normal life, or something close. For piping, have had a few puffs along the way, very few. Have been adding some to the cellar and wishing. Thanks all here for your thoughts.....

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Last surgery on 12/27, fell/dropped on 12/28, original pain I had before surgery back after fall. Has been a long road, have to use walker or wheel chair, MRI, CT Scans, Injections, Nerve Testing plus numerous office visits. Pain in leg, coming from lower back hurts constantly, on a good day a 7 on the 0-10 scale. The nerve test last week pointed to the next level down from my surgery site L3. After investigation there may be a problem at L4 level, injection this morning at L4. Hopefully this will give the surgeon the info he needs so he can complete another surgery and get back a normal life, or something close. For piping, have had a few puffs along the way, very few. Have been adding some to the cellar and wishing. Thanks all here for your thoughts.....
Continued prayers for your recovery and healing.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hang in there. You've got a whole bunch of people here to provide backing and moral support.
Muscle through it and get 'er done so you can enjoy life fully again.

Don’t give up. Stay mentally strong.

My dad is going through something similar right now. I know his days can be tough but I’m thankful for his fight so I and his grandkids can give another hug.

Just know others around you are there to support you and are grateful for your fight.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I had spinal fusion and laminectomy L4 L5 S1 done in 2020 after I literally just dropped on my deck in squealing pain. I am "functional" now is about the best way I can describe it. It does not hurt as bad as that day on the deck but I am nowhere near where I used to be before that day.

I wish you the best of luck.

On a side note it is amazing how much pain the human body can get used to over time. I just learned to live with it. kinda

I had spinal fusion and laminectomy L4 L5 S1 done in 2020 after I literally just dropped on my deck in squealing pain. I am "functional" now is about the best way I can describe it. It does not hurt as bad as that day on the deck but I am nowhere near where I used to be before that day.

On a side note it is amazing how much pain the human body can get used to over time. I just learned to live with it. kinda

I feel your pain, there is nothing like it. The surgeons office called yesterday, additional surgery scheduled for 3/29, going to fuse the next level down, hope it works.

What are you doing to kerp your spirits up? It must be hard after three weeks

What are you doing to kerp your spirits up? It must be hard after three weeks
Just try and stay positive the best I can. Work has helped, hurts the same sitting at my desk as it does sitting in my recliner, gets my mind off the pain. Have watched a lot of YouTube, pipes, tobacco, bringing cars, trucks equipment back to life after sitting for years and funny mechanic videos. Know more about auto repair now that I need to know.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I also wish you the best my friend. Back pain is miserable.

I just now prayed for you, and will as the Spirit leads. Please keep us updated.

Top Bottom