What's new

Lambda Lovers

IMG_0861.jpeg

🤩

What are everyone’s favorite blade in the Athena?

I have found it is very blade dependent but never found a blade that is magic like I have a few other razors.

I have used:

Feather
Nacet
Gillette Platinums
Personna Israeli Reds
Yellow 7 o’clock
Silver blues
Personna Lab Blues
Timor

I can say Lab Blues and Timor are out - not sharp enough and make the razor tug. So much so I may just sell my ~300 lab blues, they just do not cut the mustard here.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've used most of my blades in my Athena(s). I don't find it too fussy. I do use the blades with sharpness right under the Feathers, at least from what I've read. I have a tuck of Feathers but have yet to open it....

I get good results with Perma-Sharp, Nacet, Wizamet and a few others. The Wizamets might be a step down in sharpness from the other two I mentioned, but it still worked well in the Athena.

I don't remember if I've tried a Kai in one of them. I should do that.

This is reposted from another thread I started on this forum.

Lambda Razors are making me so mad!
Ok, if you have been following the Lambda Athena and Ares threads, you know that I am a huge fan of both razors and the Lambda company. But now I am really ticked off with them.
I started wet shaving with DE razors about a year ago and went through many configurations of razors and blades. Finally, I found Lambda and it was Love at First Pass. I enjoyed shaving so much that I decided I wanted to shave every day. Well, that hope was dashed by these darn Lambda razors. I shaved the previous day with either the Ares or the Athena. The following morning I get up and get ready for the shave. I feel my face, with the grain, across the grain and against the grain. NOTHING, NOT A HINT OF STUBBLE. The darn Lambda took all of it off the prior day so efficiently and smoothly that there was NOTHING LEFT TO SHAVE the next day. How am I to shave every day with these kinds of results? I am fed up. I am going to talk to Theo and tell him that his razors are just too good. He needs to take them down a level so that I don't get as fantastic a shave every time I use them. I am really pissed off. I guess I will have to stick with every other day shaving. Darn that Theo at Lambda. He took all the fun out of my dreams of daily shaving.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto

Ok, if you have been following the Lambda Athena and Ares threads, you know that I am a huge fan of both razors and the Lambda company. But now I am really ticked off with them.
I started wet shaving with DE razors about a year ago and went through many configurations of razors and blades. Finally, I found Lambda and it was Love at First Pass. I enjoyed shaving so much that I decided I wanted to shave every day. Well, that hope was dashed by these darn Lambda razors. I shaved the previous day with either the Ares or the Athena. The following morning I get up and get ready for the shave. I feel my face, with the grain, across the grain and against the grain. NOTHING, NOT A HINT OF STUBBLE. The darn Lambda took all of it off the prior day so efficiently and smoothly that there was NOTHING LEFT TO SHAVE the next day. How am I to shave every day with these kinds of results? I am fed up. I am going to talk to Theo and tell him that his razors are just too good. He needs to take them down a level so that I don't get as fantastic a shave every time I use them. I am really pissed off. I guess I will have to stick with every other day shaving. Darn that Theo at Lambda. He took all the fun out of my dreams of daily shaving.
Fortunately, my beard grows fast enough that I always have something to shave. I get a good 12-14 hour shave from the Athena, though.

Lol…glad my stubble grows quick enough for daily shaves with my Lamdas….or all my razors for that matter. Since picking up this “hobby” 15 years ago I look forward to my daily shaves.

Funny. I ordered the Oumo Ti I showed you and it was on sale. This morning I got a notice that it was the last handle of its kind but was in rough shape. they sent me a picture and the top was all scratched. They offered to sub a different handle which was, to me, very plain. I told them I wanted the Exceed 1 handle and they said it would require additional funds. They are to let me know tomorrow what that cost would be. What luck!
Image.jpeg

Top Bottom