What's new

La Malice 2023 Shaving journey

As we are nearing the end of 2022 , I am about to start the 2023 Shaving GRUYERE , I decided to do an inventory and see what will be left in a year from now and with an upcoming move I decided to redo the whole organization with closed box to simplify the move.

IMG-0670.jpg

All in save for 2 bowl

Razor and Brush, all brush will see action, as for the razor the more agressive might not see the light beyond this picture opportunity.

IMG-0673.jpg

And yes that dollar tree brush will see some action in April we shall how long it will last.

IMG-0672.jpg

And of course the blades, 52 weeks, 52 blades, should be around 4 shaves per blades

IMG-0687.jpg
IMG-0688.jpg
IMG-0689.jpg

Gillette Silver Blue 45
Lapas 10
Bolzano 4
Gillette 7 o’clock sharp edge 5
Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless 5
Derby Extra 5
7am plus hi platinum 5
Gillette Rubie 4
Gillette Wilkinson sword 4
Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon pack 8
Gillette Nacet 4
Gillette 365 5
Bic Chrome Platinum 8
Astra Superior Stainless Blue 5
Astra Superior Platinum Green 6 + 10
Treat Platinum 3
Tiger Platinum 5
Zaza super stainless 3
Dorco 10
Assured for men 5+5
Voshkod 9+10
Gilette Platinum 21
Shark Super Stainless 6
Shark super Chrome Blade 8

Second picture are the sampler I received, too lazy to even count them all

Not to count the few blades lost here and there as well as the one that came with the razors

Great inventory post. That was awesome, at first I was like, oh that's not that much stuff but then I kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling :)

Thank you for stopping by

Overall this is much less than must folks, especially those doing the GRUYERE. But this is also an exercise of style for me. I have accumulated a lot of soaps/creams last year, some of which barely saw any use and they need to be thinned out, I will change soap every month, at this rhythm it should take me 2 years I guess to use must of them, my real issue was the blade and the AS for the GRUYERE, I had to stock up.

Hopefully by the end of the year I will have found a solid set up or two, this is my plan, find something that do work well to really well for me. For the time being, Stirling Soap / Tabac soap with my Mercer 34 HDC and GSB blade are the contender, looking forward to see if anything else can be found.

Nivea Sensitive Calm Moisturizer balm is the clear winner for AS balm, unfortunately I only have 2 full tube and an almost empty one.

You enjoy your next shave

Razor : Feather Popular 800-1B
Blade : Astra Green
Soap : Proraso White tub

Overall this combo is not efficient enough, as a result too much clean up is needed leading to too much irritation on the chin and neck mainly.

Nivea Sensitive Calm Moisturizer balm proved to be better than Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm or Proraso Sensitive White

Product Finished this year :

Shaving Soap : none so far
Preshave : none so far
AS Balm : none so far
AS splash : None so far
Body Bar soap :

Nivea Creme Soft Care Soap Bar , run of the mill soap, no issue with it just nothing memorable either.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade : Astra Green

Overall this combo is not efficient enough, as a result too much clean up is needed leading to too much irritation on the chin and neck mainly.

Nivea Sensitive Calm Moisturizer balm proved to be better than Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm or Proraso Sensitive White

AS Balm : none so far
Body Bar soap :

Nivea Creme Soft Care Soap Bar , run of the mill soap, no issue with it just nothing memorable either.
I agree that Nivea Sensitive Calm Moisturizer balm is better than Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, the scent is better too. Happy New Year!

P.S. Nice start to a journal page!

Week 2

Blade : Gilette Platinum

Better overall result than last week on the Astra Green, that being said this is still a bit low on the efficiency level. still irritation on each shave.

The plastic bit are a well a bit annoying on the razor itself during the shave

AS Balm :

Nivea Men Sensitive Skin & Stubble Balm was almost empty at the begining of the year

Body Bar soap :

Week 3

Blade : BIC Chrome Platinum

best result so far this month the sharper blade definitely provided better overall result and less irritation. I will try another sharper blade next week

Shaving Soap : none so far, none expected to be finished.

AS Balm :

Nivea Men Sensitive Skin & Stubble Balm was almost empty at the beginning of the year, will not be repurchased

Body Bar soap :

Week 4

Blade : Nacet
Soap (SOTM) : Proraso White tub

Well this razor and by beard / skin like sharper blade, best result out of the 4 blades tested on it. I will put this razor .

I will put the razor out of reach for the next few month, February will be all about testing blade on the Baili BR179, March will be fixed four march with the Merkur 34 HD and April will must likely see the Baili BR179 comes back ...

Shaving Soap : none so far, none expected to be finished.

AS Balm :

Nivea Men Sensitive Skin & Stubble Balm was almost empty at the beginning of the year, will not be repurchased

Body Bar soap :

Dove beauty white moisturizing beauty bar soap, aka dove original was used as a sink soap for a while.

Razor / blade combo Favorites

Razor : Feather Popular 800-1B / Blade : Nacet before BIC Chrome Platinum, sharper blades needed.

Week 5

Razor : Baili BR179
Blade : Astra Superior Platinum aka Astra Green
Soap (SOTM) : Gillette Pure Cream

Poor combo, end of story for me. Next .

Shaving Soap :

none so far, none expected to be finished.

Preshave :

none so far

AS Balm :

AS splash :

None so far

Body Bar soap :

Dove beauty white moisturizing beauty bar soap, aka dove original was used as a sink soap for a while.
Cremo bourbon & oak exfoliating body bar

Razor : Feather Popular 800-1B / Blade : Nacet before BIC Chrome Platinum, sharper blades needed.

Monthly shaves

January 17

Week 6

Blade : Gillette Platinum

usable combo, minor irritation taken care of by a double dose of aftershave balm.

Shaving Soap :

Preshave :

Proraso White 6 weeks use on what was left of the tub at the beginning of the year

AS Balm :

AS splash :

None so far

Body Bar soap :

Monthly shaves

January 17

Week 7

Blade : Bic Chrome Platinum

Not a great combo, bunch of irritation and nicks cut.

Shaving Soap :

Preshave :

Proraso White 6 weeks use on what was left of the tub at the beginning of the year

AS Balm :

NIVEA MEN Sensitive Calm Moisturizer

AS splash :

None so far

Body Bar soap :

Monthly shaves

January 17

Week 8

Blade : Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless

Not a great combo, bunch of irritation and nicks cut.

Shaving Soap :

Preshave :

AS Balm :

NIVEA MEN Sensitive Calm Moisturizer

AS splash :

None so far

Body Bar soap :

Razor : Baili BR179 / Blade : Gillette Platinum

Monthly shaves

January 17

Top Bottom