What's new

Keith Johnsons stropping pastes

I wonder if anyone has some feedback on the various stropping pastes that Keith (TomoNagura) sells. I'm thinking of buying the master set of 6 and playing around with them a bit.

Legion

Staff member
I’ve not tried them, but I’m sure they are fine.

Personally I’d rather use stones, but if you are on a budget, or just want to experiment for the fun of it, pastes can keep a blade going for a long time.

I think if you want to see just how far you can push an edge to the ultimate in keen, such pastes would be the best way to go.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
His white paste (white lightning?) is probably the best I've ever used. Gives a really nice smooth shaving edge on a razor and works a treat on knives and tools as well. If you like coti edges you will like this stuff. I also use it for polishing stuff with a dremel/buffer. It's the only paste I've ever bought, used up, and then bought again.

I use Purple Haze on almost everything and love it, the only thing is that the edge coming off your finisher has to be maxed out for it to be most effective.

I use Purple Haze on almost everything and love it, the only thing is that the edge coming off your finisher has to be maxed out for it to be most effective.
I think I can achieve that :) What stone are you finishing with before using the purple haze?

I will second the efficacy of the white paste. It is excellent and the resulting edges are great (and I am a stone and strop guy also!)

Top Bottom