What's new

KaliFlower Organics

My first lather with the Citrus Cedar, and once again a Mr. Shavington recommendation was right on point. The soap generates as much lather almost as quickly as MdC and Canada, is not particularly thirsty but loves water anyway, and produces a slick and creamy protective layer. The citrus-cedar is a mild, classy note, and as someone who doesn't care much for scents, especially when they linger, this one is not bothersome at all. I thought I'd have a problem with the butter ingredients and oils that are part of the soup, but so far I don't feel like an over-conditioned mess afterwards. This has turned out to be a nice addition to the kit.

I’m glad you liked the Kaliflower soap, Ron. I don’t think many people know it but it’s a firm favourite of mine. As you say, it lathers very easily and, to my mind, it produces a very lovely, creamy feeling lather that isn’t fatty. I don’t really know another soap that quite strikes this balance for the lather feel. It doesn’t ‘feel’ vegan but it is.

There are only two scents - the Citrus Cedar that you have is just as you say, a mild, pleasant scent that shouldn’t offend anyone. My favourite, though, is the Tjära (birch tar), which is much less subtle and it is real birch tar so it smells like the road is being resurfaced right outside your bathroom. I love that, but I’m sure it isn’t for everyone. It does go well with every afershave I’ve tried, though.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I love my two KaliFlowers soaps. And I'm another one who gave them a try because of @Mr. Shavington. Tjära was a bit aromatic at first. Either I got use to the scent or it died down with use, but I don't think about it much anymore when I use it. I'm always amazed when I get done with my third pass and the lather seems to be mostly used up. Spritz a bit of water on my face, throw the brush to it and wham, I'm back to a brush full of creamy lather. This stuff is so easy to lather.

I can’t echo the comments already posted here enough. The Kaliflower Organics Citrus and Cedar that I have lathers incredibly quickly, is very cushioning and slick, and leaves my face neither dry nor overly moisturized. It’s a great soap.

My only complaint would be that the scent is almost nonexistent, at least the Citrus and Cedar that I have. It’s much lighter than MdC Agrumes, which is already light to begin with. However, it performs as good as anything I’ve used.

I can’t echo the comments already posted here enough. The Kaliflower Organics Citrus and Cedar that I have lathers incredibly quickly, is very cushioning and slick, and leaves my face neither dry nor overly moisturized. It’s a great soap.

My only complaint would be that the scent is almost nonexistent
, at least the Citrus and Cedar that I have. It’s much lighter than MdC Agrumes, which is already light to begin with. However, it performs as good as anything I’ve used.
I agree and have thought about that. I think it's perfectly tailored though considering they only have two soaps. The scent is very mild so it should appeal to those who prefer little to no scent. Then the soap itself lathers so well and is so good that experienced shavers will appreciate that so much they'll easily overlook the lightness of the scent. Also I've found that with repeated use of soaps with light scents, I eventually get it.

Trying to reduce the den of software so being quite selective these days. Kaliflower stays put. As @Mr. Shavington describes perfectly this soap strikes a perfect balance. Nice balm as well.

Scents are great and natural and the ingredient list is simple and effective. Great product.

IMG_1132.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg
IMG_1134.jpeg

Top Bottom