What's new

Just shaved with Musgo for the first time tonight and it was sublime!!

I have a little bigger gap than you between the two, but Musgo is still a great cream. It's the only tube cream I use, far better than Proraso IMO (let the bashing begin) and great for travelling. I like the orange amber and oakmoss scents the best.

I have used the Oakmoss and it provided fantastic shaves.

Wanted to buy another tube recently but held off as the price has reached ridiculous levels IMO.

Good to hear. A couple years ago a vendor was having a close-out sale on Musgo cream. I picked up a tube of the classic scent for a few bucks. Its been sitting in the stash unopened. I might try and 3017 that tube later this year.

Wanted to buy another tube recently but held off as the price has reached ridiculous levels IMO.

It looks like they're in-between American distributors. Once they have a new one (I assume they want one) I imagine prices will return to normal.

And I agree: it's a superior cream.

I have used the Oakmoss and it provided fantastic shaves.

At the new prices, I'm not a buyer. I have two fairly full tubes of the Classic and Oakmoss. If the price doesn't come back down, I'm not going to replace them. Too many other properly priced creams and soaps out there.

Here is how much of an idiot I am. Here I am complaining about the prices of Musgo Real. I go to my Amazon account and checked the prices I paid for the two tubes I bought. One was exactly the same as it can be bought for now and the other was purchased for about $2 to $3 less. Not a catastrophic difference. I guess I don't have much reason not to buy Musgo Real products. I am willing to call myself out for claiming BS. Maybe that is why I had a nickname when I was a kid: Manny, the Man of Contradiction.

Here is how much of an idiot I am. Here I am complaining about the prices of Musgo Real. I go to my Amazon account and checked the prices I paid for the two tubes I bought. One was exactly the same as it can be bought for now and the other was purchased for about $2 to $3 less. Not a catastrophic difference. I guess I don't have much reason not to buy Musgo Real products. I am willing to call myself out for claiming BS. Maybe that is why I had a nickname when I was a kid: Manny, the Man of Contradiction.

Plus, in the scheme of things, soaps and creams are relatively cheap if you work out the per-shave cost. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. :biggrin:

I've almost finished a tube of spiced citrus I started last summer. A tube of classic is on its way to replace it (cost only $2 more than I paid for the spiced citrus). It ain't cheap, but I really like the stuff. Plus, the SO loves their aftershave more than anything else I've ever tried.

I used to love the Musgo Classic cream. Now, I'm indifferent to it. I'll hang on to it and use it when I feel I should but when I finish it I'll probably forget about it.

Top Bottom