What's new

Irisch Moos Shave Stick Discontinued?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I think its strength was that it was a great alternative to Tabac. Tabac is seen as a great tallow-containing soap but some people have issues with the scent. Irisch Moos was basically the same, in terms of performance, but with a more acceptable scent. Irisch Moos *is* a great shaving soap and it's a shame to lose another great option.

Good point, whether you like the scent or not, it is a very good tallow based soap that lathered for me on the top level - with Tabac ..

Could you maybe share those two US Sources ??

The US guys that had it were Lee's Razors & Charles at Superlather .. the box from Lee's arrived today & has been wrapped & hidden ..

Because discontinued soaps have a certain allure? Maybe in hope that the value will skyrocket as die hard fans slowly run out?

I don't think so with the IM-stick. But there is another element, I think. Webshops nowadays are just the same as small grocery stores in the 20th century. Where you sometimes could find these hard to get products and products you assumed not to be on sale anymore.

In 2 - 3 years time, when new customers want to try this stick, and one can be the shop to supply them, then it will mean a lot to that customer. It was just the same with the last Floid Blue and with the last kilos of P160.

I don't think so with the IM-stick. But there is another element, I think. Webshops nowadays are just the same as small grocery stores in the 20th century. Where you sometimes could find these hard to get products and products you assumed not to be on sale anymore.

In 2 - 3 years time, when new customers want to try this stick, and one can be the shop to supply them, then it will mean a lot to that customer. It was just the same with the last Floid Blue and with the last kilos of P160.

Hmmm true Eric. You don't happen to have some Floid Blue for me to try? :lol:

I use it myself and the 400 ml bottle goes slowly but surely. Just the same with P160. A little left for own use, although it's been almost a year since I used that. So many new soaps to test these days!

Roger that thank´s. Any comments on an the splash and the balm please?? For my wife. Please.

The splash is pretty good, but should be mentholated. I added menthol to mine and it is nice. Great on a rainy day. I think the price is too high however. I won't repurchase it when it's gone.

Bullgoose has it on sale right now for a good discount.

garyg

So today I got a credit from Details for Men - "out of stock". They had the $$ for a week & a half

Anyone have sources that still move the Moos?

garyg

Poor Otis, Dead & Gaughan, left Me here to sing his Song, Pretty Little Girl with a red dress on

I grabbed 4 sticks from a Canadian site when I first saw this thread.

To quote John Candy from Planes Trains and Automobiles "You called the airlines, I called the Braidwood Inn"

Of all the losses in celebrity world - John Candy is someone I really miss. Just watching a movie or hearing a quote makes me more sad than most family members. The world of comedy took a hard hit that never seemed to recover from with his death.

On lines of the OP - crazy news! I seen this thread (might already be posted in the pages of comments). http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/290243-Irisch-Moos-became-very-hard-to-very-fast!

I grabbed 4 sticks from a Canadian site when I first saw this thread.

To quote John Candy from Planes Trains and Automobiles "You called the airlines, I called the Braidwood Inn"

I hear that most of the Irisch Moos range is going to be phased out as it isn't very popular now, not just the soap.

Top Bottom