What's new

I have Simpson fever

I bought a Chubby1 in best for a good price, then I emailed Simpson directly they had an Eagle G2 in Best for sale. The handle and dimensions seemed perfect so I bought that one too.

I decided I’m going to keep both, I will use the Eagle G2 and going to save the Chubby1 for my son when he’s ready to shave. Is this a silly idea? Any tips on long term storage for knot and hair?

Careful, they multiply like rodents!

Don't store them wet (duh). I usually keep 2 out at a time and the rest are in their boxes. Rinse them well after a shave.

To be more specific I didn’t use the Chubby yet I was going to keep it new for my son as a gift far into future.

Not fever, more like a process of elimination. I want a smaller, scrubbier brush than my current STF, and it has to have a faux ivory handle. I don't particularly care whether it's badger or synth, but the latter would be cheaper and easier to care for. I'm interested in the Simpson Eagle handle, and they now come with Sovereign synthetic knots. The latest drop of Supers is too expensive, otherwise I'd opt for that. I could get a Pure, but then would have to get that knot replaced, so more expense. The G2's are smaller than I think I'd be comfortable with, so the G3 seems like the best choice. There are no American vendors stocking the G3 Sovereign at this time, only the Simpson factory. I'm waiting for one American vendor to restock before dealing with the factory, and that ETA is uncertain. So I'm currently in a holding pattern.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
To be more specific I didn’t use the Chubby yet I was going to keep it new for my son as a gift far into future.
It is a matter of opinion but if I had been lucky enough to have received a brush, a razor, or anything else from my late Father then I would have much preferred an item he had actually regularly used rather than one he had purchased and put aside untouched for several years. In your case, if I were your Son, the Chubby would be a welcome gift, but your well used Eagle would be the real treasure.

I asked when the G2 eagle in best would be shipped they said they are making it and shipping it next week. I thought it was already in stock when they sent me the link to it, kinda surprised to hear it's made to order. I told them to make it a nice heavy dense knot with no visible glue bump. I pretty much want a Chubby knot in it.

Top Bottom