What's new

How much is too much to spend for a handle

I went to a monthly flea market yesterday and a vendor had a box full of shaving brushes. There were a few Everreadys, a few Made-Rites, quite a few butterscotch handles, and many more. He wanted $5 apiece for them. Is this a good deal on them? I'm just not sure what to give for handles

dont think you can go wrong at $5 a brush pick out the ones you want and with the exact amount of cash in your hand offer him $3 a brush he can only say no...

Come to an agreement on the whole box. $1-3 a brush would be nice. Anything bellow $10 (let alone $5) for a good handle is reasonable. I've seen a cracked Ever-Ready handle for $30. Brushes I've seen at antique shop average $5-15 each.

I'd seriously consider making him an offer for the entire box...the dealer may be willing to give you a good deal just to clear out the inventory and not have to deal with onesie-twosie sales. I did the same with a dealer a few weeks ago for a box of razors. I was picking out individual ones and asking him the price for each...after 8 or 10, he finally said "why don't you take the whole box for $50?" I gladly accepted his offer!

Where is this flea market located in TN. :drool: Pick threw the lot carefully If you cant get a good bargain on the whole lot. There looks to be both TREASURE and TRASH. Any nice handle is worth 5 bucks.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here's a pic. I went back this morning and snapped a pic. I haven't picked any up yet

Untitled by itsmedavetn, on Flickr

There's some nice handles in that box. It's a flea market, so that means price haggling is to be expected. Keep the ones you like, and make most if not all your money back selling the rest to the BAD horde here in the BST.

Nice purple and blues in there. The whole box should be less than the individual price. $1 to $3 each for the box is a good suggestion.

I say go for the whole thing and at $3 a handle. Any handles you don't want can be thrown up on ebay and make back your money and then some.

I didn't pick any up yet. He's debating right now what he'd take for the whole box.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

You waiting for everyone to POP before you say what happened....

I'm old... My heart can't take this kind of abuse. Have some pity :lol:

If there's a green and white ER and a butterscotch, let me know (that is if you don't want them and would like to sell them).

He's going to call me and let me know and if the price is right, I'll head back up there tomorrow. I did get four razors from him and my cash supply was tapped and no ATM's. I did offer him $100 and he said he couldn't do it.

Top Bottom