What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

Speick could be interesting as I was able to get 102 shaves out of it!

Speick is a brilliant stick. It is an incredible latherer. The manufacturers apparently have a secured right to a special mountain region where the flower, which is the source of the fragrance, grows. It is a best value stick as well, tallow based, and very inexpensive. The fragrance is the issue. I love it on some days, and need to stay away from it on others. Overall, I am a big fan of the product, and recommend it highly. You really can not be legitimately immersed in this hobby without having tried it. Was that presumptuous or harsh? It wasn't meant to be. Darjeeling

Speick is a brilliant stick. It is an incredible latherer. The manufacturers apparently have a secured right to a special mountain region where the flower, which is the source of the fragrance, grows. It is a best value stick as well, tallow based, and very inexpensive. The fragrance is the issue. I love it on some days, and need to stay away from it on others. Overall, I am a big fan of the product, and recommend it highly. You really can not be legitimately immersed in this hobby without having tried it. Was that presumptuous or harsh? It wasn't meant to be. Darjeeling

As harsh as a nightingale; as presumptuous as a meadow flower – Valeriana Celtica, perhaps.

After five and a half years, over 4,100 posts, and nearly 212,000 views, this thread has finally run its course I believe. We have a good idea of "how many shaves it takes," and we now know which kinds of soaps last longer than others. Thank you to the vendors who have donated soaps for the cause. Also, thank you to all of you shave stick aficionados who have made this journey so much fun. Soaps with personalities along with the occasional visit by Distraction Girl -- who would have thunk it? There has certainly been some witty and entertaining writing along the way.

Are we there yet? At least for me, I declare that I am. It has been a great trip.

Hmm, I wonder how many shaves there are to the bottom of a Musgo Real shaving cream tube...................

Last edited:
Tex, I haven't been along for the ride nearly as long as you and some others, I was just a hitch hiker picked up 2 sticks ago. I learned quite a lot about shaving soap from the participants here, but I've also learned that I actually prefer soap from a puck, although the occasional stick shave is quite welcome from time to time. I too feel like I've reached my destination.

It has been a fun ride, leading me to acquire a startling number of sticks: over three dozen at last count. My thanks go out to Tex, and to all who participated.

If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
if you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.

I got a note that someone had posted here after the thread has been dormant for nearly three years. Holy thread resurrection Batman! Good luck Luc!

Top Bottom