What's new

How does the Timeless compare.What next?

Me, I focus and enjoy the full shave process..not the razor..
I think I am around 60 total, 30 in my two dens. They all give me a great shave. I just choose the one I want for the moment. Love a variety..
It is a passion, therapy, rewarding, fun and art..
My wife is also a artist.
She has a ton of brushes, not one golden unicorn brush...
Sure, you have to have good tools that work for you...
They all must work ( hardware/software) in synergy with your skills...
Compare...I don't care..
I don't compare them...
I use them..
If not, I will give it to family or friends to try or sell it here..
What is Next..
The next great shave!
Sorry for the rant...
Merry Xmas to all..
BFX

I'm a huge fan of my new Timeless SS gift that I have both the .68 & .95 plates for. I'm a daily, three pass shaver and the .95 plate with scalloped bar gives me a super close shave with zero irritation. I have both the .72 & .95 RR Lupos, a Rockwell T2 SS & several older Gillettes and grab the Timeless every morning.

How do the Timeless razors compare with the Lupos? I have a Lupo 72 and 95 and am very interested in a Timeless 95 for shaving 5 days a week or so. Thanks.

Reactions: Kix
I was wishing Timeless would relearn their Crown Handle in Stainless Steel, spoke with Matt the owner oof Timeless on phone several time. Very nice man who I would call customer friendly. Last conversation netted information that the Crown was not scheduled to be made in Stainless.

So I moved on to something else being on my wish list, hoping I find that something in February at the Arizona Wet Shave Meetup. Was at the event last years, it was great got a bunch of sample to try, and found a few products that I test drove, I repurchase.

How do the Timeless razors compare with the Lupos? I have a Lupo 72 and 95 and am very interested in a Timeless 95 for shaving 5 days a week or so. Thanks.
I like my Timeless much better. I am using the short barber pole handle. It is heavier than the Lupo, which is a good razor, but I have had zero nicks no matter what blade I use.

I've not found a better razor than the Timeless in OC configuration. I have the .68 and .95 in sb, scalloped, and oc, all in titanium with the pineapple handle. I only use the oc anymore regardless of growth. Usually it's the .68 oc, but if I need the closest shave possible without irritation I'll go with the .95 oc. I don't know what it is about the oc that works so well but it just does, much smoother and easier to use than the sb or scalloped, imo.

Due to the growth pattern of my beard (thick whiskers that lay flat against my skin, along with swirls on my neck) the best razors for me are those that clamp down well on the blade. If not, I get terrible blade chatter and a bloody mess on my neck. The Timeless .68 and .95 definitely clamp down well on the blade.

My second best razor would be the Blackland Sabre, which I'm not sure is still made anymore but definitely clamps down on the blade well and utilizes a strong blade in the first place. Third would be a tie between the Blackland Vector and a vintage Canadian Gillette Tech. Both aren't quite as comfortable as my top two. (I've tried many modern versions of the Tech and none worked well for me, such as the Feather asd2, Charcoal Goods, and the various Razorock offerings 🤷‍♂️).

TLDR: The Timeless in .68 oc is the smoothest and easiest DE razor I've ever used. The .95 oc cuts closer and I use it sometimes but it's not a mindless razor like the .68. Both are superb.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
TLDR: The Timeless in .68 oc is the smoothest and easiest DE razor I've ever used. The .95 oc cuts closer and I use it sometimes but it's not a mindless razor like the .68. Both are superb.
I absolutely agree to the rest you posted above as well, the Timeless OC design, the inward rounded/bent teeth is just awesome. I also like the Timeless .95 OC, but I still have only one scalloped Timeless cap which it shares with the .95 SCL and the .5 Slim OC, and well, I like .95 OC and .5 Slim, but the Slim is even more to my liking. But this one is way more polarizing than the .95 OC, which is a safer bet for most. Also a bit easier to clean due to the larger head, a q-tip can run through the comb, while it is too wide for the Slim.

I love my Timeless Ti, used mostly with a .68 scalloped. It is in extended rotation behind Charcoal Goods Gen 3, Henson, Tatara Masamune, Tech, and Sabre. It sounds like you have experimented widely with DEs and also straights, I would suggest giving GEMs a try. There are a lot of GREAT vintage models available on BST for very reasonable prices. I picked up my GEM Jr for less than $10 before getting the Sabre. I love the blade rigidity of GEMs. It sounds like you lean toward aggressive razors and I know there are some classic aggressive vintages.

I *really* wanted to love the Timeless .95 OC.
But it really butchered my face with each use,
over a few weeks - so it was returned.

And I'm not averse to "efficient" razors, either.
I often use:
Blackbird
WR1 .74 OC
WR2 1.15
Yates H OC
Blutt 1.20

I tried and tried with the Timeless. No Bueno.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

I often use:
Blackbird
WR1 .74 OC
WR2 1.15
Yates H OC
Blutt 1.20

I have and love the Timeless Ti 0.68OC with my favorite handle, i. e., the Ti Crown. It’s a gentle shave for me but YMMV, as usual. I’ve never tried the 0.95 and don’t plan to, truth be told. I don’t require any more efficiency than the 0.68OC.

I often use:
Blackbird
WR1 .74 OC
WR2 1.15
Yates H OC
Blutt 1.20

The .68 oc is worth trying if you ever get the chance in a passaround or something. It's much easier to use than the .95. Not that the .95 is hard to use, but I do have to pay attention to what I'm doing or I'll end up with a nick or irritation.

The .68 oc can be used on autopilot almost like a cart. And it cuts close enough that I only need to shave every 36-48 hours, although my whiskers grow on the slower end of the spectrum.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I noticed some time ago, during a discussion about safety bars, all my top razors have some sort of scalloping on the safety bar unless they are an open comb design. I don't think it's coincidence. I think they add something to the skin preparation before the blade hits the whiskers.... popping them up, perhaps? As I've stated many times, I'm not a razor engineer but I'm sure glad they exist... or in the case of Vintage razors, existed.

Yates. Razorock (a lot of razors, a whole range of razors!). Yaqi (Mellon, Harlequin, Sentinel etc...). DSCosmetics. Lambda. Stando Polska (Etsy). Greencult.
There are also SE razors with Artist Club blades, before you move on to straights.

Wolfman. I think a Wolfman WR1 or WR2 can offer you possibly more. Then there are numerous Wolfman clones out there from Razorock and Yaqi that are often offering a very similar experience.

Or are you looking for the best American made razor? I have the razors mentioned and if you are on the "one must be best for me" mentality, I am afraid you should rather stop buying more razors and settle down now. I have a hard time picking my favorites, you should also try the Razorock slants or ... save yourself some money. See above! :)

Edit: Forgot Rex, Karve, Aylsworth.... hmmm. :)

I got the Yaqi Harlequin and the Yaqi Sentinel and I must say your recommendations were completely on point for me. I get such a smooth and close shave. Can you recommend me more such aggressive yaqi, ds cosmetics, razorock wolfman clones etc?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Hey @shadeshredder I am very happy that my suggestions worked out nicely, I am mostly feeling bad if people totally don't get along with this or that razor I believed to be a good fit. So I am overjoyed that you liked these razors as well!

I do honestly no remember recommending you anything at all anymore, unfortunately! If you like the Harlequin and the Sentinel, mild to medium is probably not your best fit, but rather aggressive razors.

Yaqi and DSCosmetics mostly copy already existing razors, often vintage, sometimes also modern designs. I wasn't thrilled by my latest Yaqi SE acquisition, the Tachi, but plan to get a Bohemia soon. I very much liked the Yaqi Duomo, but it isn't quite on par with Harlequin or Sentinel 1.5 OC.

On Instagram you just have to follow Yaqi, Aylsworth Razors is following as well and always pointing out which razor they copied this time. This is actually very helpful, as people can then look up what kind of razor the original version was.

Wolfman is now selling their Guerilla under the Guerrila Razors brand, dropping the Wolfman for them. If you want a real Wolfman, they are quite affordable. Then one could also argue, so are the extremely good DSCosmetic and Razorock clones of the Guerilla design from, the Game Changers and D8/S9s from DSCosmetic.

Like @corley said, I really wanted to love Timeless razors because I loved the looks. I had a few Timeless razors and I sold them all. My Lupo 95 is way better in any sense for me, likely due to the head geometry. I did keep the Crown handle for my Lupo, the best combination ever

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I cheat.... I use the Claymore Evolution around my nose.... that eliminates any worry I have about a razor head being too thick to get close to that area.... The rest of my face is easy, as far as that goes. I do have problem whiskers on my chin and surrounding areas but that's more of a technique issue for me than a razor problem.

As a result, the Ti 0.86OC is wonderful for me. I know the head is bulky.... but the shave for me is smooth and close enough as I don't seem to need to most efficient razors.

Top Bottom