What's new

How 'bout those CHIEFS!!!

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
AFC-Champs.png

Going to the Kelce bowl !!

Like Mahomes therefore rooting for them. Didn't like Burrows.

Otherwise my likes/dislikes of franchises were solidified in the 70s and 80s.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I can't remember a Super Bowl in which I've had less interest than I have in this one. At this point I'm just hoping for a clean, well fought and competitive Puppy Bowl.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I remember that. I grew up in Austin and both my parents graduated from UT. Longhorn Football and Baseball were a big part of my childhood.

What I meant though was I bet Jalen was a Houston Texans fan. 🙂

If he's from Houston I'm sure of it. But man, what a great story he is? Starting Alabama QB with a Natty under his belt. Gets replaced in a game by Tua. Even though Hurts got them to where they were at, Alabama starts Tua the very next year instead of Hurts. Hurts never complains or pouts once, stays with Bama as a back up instead of bailing. Tua gets injured in the playoffs and Hurts comes in clutch and wins the game.

They still start Tua the next year. while no one ever doubted Hurts leadership or running ability, they doubted his passing ability for sure. He transfers to Oklahoma and immediately, wins the hearts and minds and respect of the other players, by not just his leadership qualities, but also by leg pressing 600 pounds in front of the whole squad! 600 pounds!

Under the tutelage of Lincoln Riley he not only has a very impresssive year under center at Oklahoma, but comes in second place for the Heisman Trophy! Gets drafted by the Eagles, where he is already in 2nd place in Eagles franchise history with TD passes; and God shaped and rewarded his patience, character and humbleness, into a Super Bowl bound quarterback.

It's what movies are made of. :)

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I was there in 1976 when the Eagles beat a Texas team loaded with talent...Earl Campbell, Johnny "Ham" Jones, Jonny "Lam" Jones and record holding kicker Russell Erxleben. This loss was the beginning of the end for Darrell Royal.

Oh...you mean the Philadelphia Eagles?

Screenshot_20220910-220917_Chrome.jpg

If he's from Houston I'm sure of it. But man, what a great story he is? Starting Alabama QB with a Natty under his belt. Gets replaced in a game by Tua. Even though Hurts got them to where they were at, Alabama starts Tua the very next year instead of Hurts. Hurts never complains or pouts once, stays with Bama as a back up instead of bailing. Tua gets injured in the playoffs and Hurts comes in clutch and wins the game.

They still start Tua the next year. while no one ever doubted Hurts leadership or running ability, they doubted his passing ability for sure. He transfers to Oklahoma and immediately, wins the hearts and minds and respect of the other players, by not just his leadership qualities, but also by leg pressing 600 pounds in front of the whole squad! 600 pounds!

Under the tutelage of Lincoln Riley he not only has a very impresssive year under center at Oklahoma, but comes in second place for the Heisman Trophy! Gets drafted by the Eagles, where he is already in 2nd place in Eagles franchise history with TD passes; and God shaped and rewarded his patience, character and humbleness, into a Super Bowl bound quarterback.

Riley helped him greatly with his passing game.

I couldn't agree more. Alabama fans love Jalen. He is cool as a cucumber and a real class act. He is the reason I'm pulling for the Eagles. I'm really just pulling for him.

I don't think the Chiefs stand a chance. I'm rooting for the Eagles either way. I don't even know what the Vegas line or who's favorite in the odds.

Hopefully it's a competitive game and no controversy or full of penalties.

I was there in 1976 when the Eagles beat a Texas team loaded with talent...Earl Campbell, Johnny "Ham" Jones, Jonny "Lam" Jones and record holding kicker Russell Erxleben.
You left off "Jam" Jones who I saw play for Texas back in the day. Found this that ties it all together:

On the same roster as Jones were fellow running backs Johnny Jones of Hamlin, Texas and Johnny Jones of Youngstown, Ohio. With three players sharing the same name and the same position, nicknames were a necessity.
Jones of Lampasas became "Lam" Jones. Jones of Hamlin became "Ham" Jones. And Jones of Ohio became "Jam" Jones, mostly because it rhymed with the other two.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I can't remember a Super Bowl in which I've had less interest than I have in this one. At this point I'm just hoping for a clean, well fought and competitive Puppy Bowl.
Owen! Goodness, there's never been two more evenly matched teams ;) Also I think this is the first time in NFL history that both starting Quarterbacks are African American. Also the first time that brothers are on opposite teams.

Occasionally a lesser team will sneak into the Super Bowl, not this year. These were clearly the two best teams in the league.
I'm looking forward to a great game

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t care what anyone says…Rihanna is no where near the class of artist that can command a halftime show solo. Never mind the fact she’s pregnant and can’t dance and just has to stand around lip syncing.

I thought the game itself was good though. Typically the last minute sucks anyway. One team is always trying to run the clock down and it takes a miracle or luck for the other team to win. I was going for the Eagles but I knew the Chiefs would win.

Congratulations to both teams! I'm a Kansas City boy so I'm very happy for my Chiefs to win. But hats off to the Eagles, they're an excellent team & played a terrific game. But it sure is nice to say the Chiefs are World Champs!!!!!

Top Bottom