What's new

Henson Razor Club.

I just ordered the Henson ++ (Medium) today. I have had some great shaves with my mild Henson but want to try something that might get a tad closer of a shave. I still love my regular/mild Henson, even last night I had a wonderful shave DFS+. It's more of I get a really good shave now but can I get a great shave...to be determined :)

Enjoy share us your shaving experience with it. Medium is exactly what your’e looking for, just a tad closer than Mild but not a mile away.

YMMV but that is my own assessment. For me, its like Rockwell on plates R1 and R2 respectively.

How's your shave with the aggressive compare to your other Hensons?

I haven't shave much with my Medium but I should have gotten the aggressive instead.
Could barely feel the difference of Mild and Medium.
I bet, I could not even tell which is which if I am blind folded.

I gave a little more detailed account of my 1st shave with the Henson Aggressive in the....

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) thread

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/page-3547#post-12678437

I have only used the Aggressive once so would be unfair in my limited experience to compare with the Mild.

I certainly felt the difference between the Aggressive & Mild that is for sure
I head shave also so will be using the Mild for that and aggressive for face shaves for the foreseeable future

Yes, there’s a small difference between the mild and medium, but a big difference between the medium and aggressive.
I totally agree!

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 05/06/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 897
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson + = 434
Henson ++ = 185
Henson +++ = 278

I am still here. I just wanted to spend a couple of days with an old friend, a Gillette Tech. I'll be back soon.
This Thursday however, I have to leave for about ten days, and I am still wondering weather taking the mild with me or keeping things simple by using the electric razor :rolleyes:.

I gave a little more detailed account of my 1st shave with the Henson Aggressive in the....

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) thread

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/page-3547#post-12678437

I have only used the Aggressive once so would be unfair in my limited experience to compare with the Mild.

I certainly felt the difference between the Aggressive & Mild that is for sure
I head shave also so will be using the Mild for that and aggressive for face shaves for the foreseeable future

I wanted to further add to my post

I have only been DE shaving myself less than a year - so still on a learning curve myself.
Learning technique and mostly trying to obtain consistent shaving results which is more important to me than quality of shave - in time hopefully i can achieve both.!!

I am still here. I just wanted to spend a couple of days with an old friend, a Gillette Tech. I'll be back soon.
This Thursday however, I have to leave for about ten days, and I am still wondering weather taking the mild with me or keeping things simple by using the electric razor :rolleyes:.
Well it you’re looking for suggestions. When I went overseas last summer I brought the mild, a tuck of Feather blades, my CH2 Synth, and a tub of TOBS Peppermint. Every shave was enjoyable.

Btw the Gillette Tech is a nice little razor. Enjoy!!

I’ll bring the small Onega. I’m supposed to pick up a new synth on the way, it’s already waiting for me.

IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Henson + (Mild) V2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sandalwood
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Maggard's Dark Blue Handle AP Shave Co 24mm Titanium Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. I noticed I was using pressure under my chin, so hit that area with an Alum Stick for prevention. A very good shave!

After trying all 3 versions of the Al-13 I have settled on the Mild. I shave every day and can get a BBS in 3 passes plus touchups. No nicks, cuts, nor irritation ever. Not picky about blades or soaps. Other than a couple of vintage Gillettes that I rarely use, I sold off everything else and happily use the Henson as my daily driver. Now my only question is whether to pop for the Ti 22.

After trying all 3 versions of the Al-13 I have settled on the Mild. I shave every day and can get a BBS in 3 passes plus touchups. No nicks, cuts, nor irritation ever. Not picky about blades or soaps. Other than a couple of vintage Gillettes that I rarely use, I sold off everything else and happily use the Henson as my daily driver. Now my only question is whether to pop for the Ti 22.
Yesterday’s shave with the medium resulted in some irritation so this morning I decided shaved with the mild loaded with a fresh Feather. I’m glad I did. The results of course were excellent and no irritation.

Pre Shave:Hot water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Tatra Platinum (1)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:Canada Shaving Soap
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Nivea, Proraso White
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:2 (my fault)
Sharpness:10
Comfort:10

Fantastic shave (my errors notwithstanding). This soap provides so much cushion and slickness that I shave closer than usual. The razor just flies over my face!

DSD_5704 from C1.jpg

Pre Shave:Hot water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Tatra Platinum (1)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:Canada Shaving Soap
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Nivea, Proraso White
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:2 (my fault)
Sharpness:10
Comfort:10

Fantastic shave (my errors notwithstanding). This soap provides so much cushion and slickness that I shave closer than usual. The razor just flies over my face!

View attachment 1842861

Just out of curiosity and whatever works for you of course. Please correct me if I am wrong but aren’t proraso and nivea both post shave balm to mositurize skin?

Is there any benefit of using two different balm after shaving?

Top Bottom