What's new

Hello from Cleveland

Thnx for all the warm welcomes. This is definitely a forum I can spend all day on and come away with some great life hacks. I like how politics and religion aren't forum topics, a great way to not create silly infighting. I picked up a tube of kiss my face 4 in 1, can't wait to try this product.

Thnx for all the warm welcomes. This is definitely a forum I can spend all day on and come away with some great life hacks. I like how politics and religion aren't forum topics, a great way to not create silly infighting. I picked up a tube of kiss my face 4 in 1, can't wait to try this product.
That's great stuff, it lathers up nicely too.

Welcome

Gentlemen,
I'm a newbie to the old school shaves. I used to buy a bag o razors at target or wherever, then I upgraded to Harrys 5 blade cartridges. Harrys always hacked up just below the nose. I then found my way in the brick and mortar Art of Shaving store and picked up a muhle closed comb, snub nose handle. I love that razor. I use Dorco ST300's and I get a nice irritation free shave. I've read some very unfavorable reviews of this blade, but i ordered 100 of these blades, this should last over a year. As I'm just a newbie here, I'm of the mindset that a blade is a blade, but I know this will be quickly proven wrong. I have a van der hagen brush, purchased at the grocery store. I ordered a miustic (sp) brush with a bamboo handle from amazon. I haven't used this brush yet, as I'm completely happy with my van der hagen. I've tried cremo menthol cream, not a fan, I can't get a nice lather, thinking about tossing it. I've tried harrys gel, I like it. I've been using Bull Dog with best results. I want to find proraso at a brick and mortar store. I'm also looking for clubman aftershave. Onto my request...

I can grow a beard pretty quick. I'm definitely a daily shaver, I prefer shaving before bed time. This allows for any irritation to subside, but most importantly, one less thing to do in the morning. So I guess I'd like to know which blades go best with my closed comb muhle (maybe an r89?) for an everyday shaver. No complaints with the dorco ST300's, but if you gentlemen can recommend another blade for a newb I'd love to hear it.

have you found any hidden gem places around town that have gear other than what we find at Drug Mart or Beachwood Place? I live on the West side.

Welcome to B&B. Try a couple of blade samplers with a variety of five blade packs (tucks). You'll find what works best for you.

Welcome from another Ohioan. I highly recommend swinging by Imperial. The place is a wetshaving mecca. There should also be another meet-up there sometime this fall. As far as blades, I'd recommend getting a sampler from tryablade.com.

Top Bottom