What's new

Hello And A Question About A New Purchase From A Newbie!

Hello to all on this forum,
I am new to collecting straight razors and just won this vintage Wostenholm on ebay,

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/C9EAAOSwo4pYk3Gb/s-l1600.jpg

It is clear that the blade has been very slightly reprofiled along its cutting edge towards the tip resulting in a slight radius.

Wostenholm Peerless blades that I have seen pics of are usually straight edged for their complete length.

My question is,in the judgement of those with much more experience than myself will the razor still be a potentially good shaver or has the altered profile ruined it for use?

Many thanks in advance,
mrto.

It looks as though it would shave fine. Aesthetically it looks a little funny. Many of us like a smile on our blades.

I would think it would shave just fine. It might take a little more effort to hone though. Some people like a smile on their razor. I have a couple with and couple with out. I don't really notice a difference. They all shave great though in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies guys and glad to hear the razor is fit for use.I took a bit of a chance on it,but got it very inexpensively as no one else was bidding!

Top Bottom