What's new

Head Design on Slim and Fatboy

Is there a difference in the head design between the Slim and the Fatboy that makes a clear difference in the way they shave.

I have a Slim that is not my favorite shaver and I am wondering whether I should try a Fatboy or not?

TIA

Is there a difference in the head design between the Slim and the Fatboy that makes a clear difference in the way they shave.

I have a Slim that is not my favorite shaver and I am wondering whether I should try a Fatboy or not?

TIA
you will never know if you like one untill your try it..so I, say get one!!:biggrin1:

The fatboy has the 50s style head, the slim has the 60s style head. Like CCB said, there's more of an arch to the 50s style head.
If you want to see if you prefer the 50s style head, just try a 50s flare tip superspeed, as it is the same arch/profile as the fatboy.

Thanks for the information. I will probably get a fatboy if I run across one, but I am not going to obsess about getting one. It makes a good excuse to visit antique stores.

The fatboy has the 50s style head, the slim has the 60s style head. Like CCB said, there's more of an arch to the 50s style head.
If you want to see if you prefer the 50s style head, just try a 50s flare tip superspeed, as it is the same arch/profile as the fatboy.
While the geometry is very similar, the fact that the fatboy is adjustable and the SS is not, will make a huge difference in the type of shave each gives (Note: the redtip SS the most "aggressive" of the SS line has a smaller blade gap than a fatboy set at 3). The only way to know which one works best for you is to buy a fatboy and check it out. The beauty is that as long as you don't overpay, you can sell at B/S/T easily for no net out-of-pocket cost.

Top Bottom