What's new

Grooming the nails

Five or six years ago I bought some Muji Japan nail clippers (I believe they were recommended on The Wirecutter), and they have worked out great. Well-constructed, and have held together perfectly. Much better than the cheap drugstore ones I had before.

By the way, I recently went for a (rare) high-quality spa manicure and pedicure. So great. Treat yourself!
You must have read my mind, my friend. I'm getting ready for a pedicure in the coming weeks. I believe the price is $55 for an hour? This is a local place nearby. Since I've never had this done, does that seem like a fair price to you?

They do have these Muji clippers on Amazon - are they similar?

1677016646036.png

Hard to tell if those are the same, but looks like they could be. The plastic case is definitely similar. Try them out!

Spa manicure/pedicures in my area (San Francisco Bay Area) go for 3-4x the price you quoted. Not sure where you are located, but that sounds like a deal!

To complete my earlier post, I've been using those Tweezermans (I think I picked them up at Target or something) and a glass nail file for some time, and gotten good results.

They have these over at Country Knives. Evidently, Seki is the way to go for men's grooming, nailwise. They do look like they'd be heirloom quality. And get the job done.

Top Bottom