What's new

Great Covers

Green Eyed Lady

This is from a 2005 album of covers performed by Pat Travers and band, stellar album but for one dud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...

A Day In The Life is arguably the best Beatles song, right? No matter, it is a classic that sounded the death knell of the swinging 60s.

Well, Chris Cornell of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave fame covers it here as a solo acoustic piece and absolutely nails it. He is able to perform the 2 distinct sections written by Lennon and McCartney and the distinct pitch shift all by himself, unplugged, and without the orchestral crescendo. He even manages to perform a suitable interpretation of the final chord in the original song with just his trusty guitar.

The Who have always been one of my favorite cover bands. Heatwave, Summertime Blues, Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin' and many others, but this one is one of my personal favorites. A drunk woman at a party was trying to convince me that this was the version on the television show and I kept repeating Nelson Riddle to her until she gave up.

More cowbell...

...and more cowbell.........

Time Has Come Today, Steve Earle & Sheryl Crow

dave

If you're in to 70's, Sweet's song "Fox on The Run" was covered by a group called Deadsy that is simply amazing!!! As the singer is Elijah Blue, the son of Cher and Greg Allman I guess it was inevitable!!!

Top Bottom