What's new

Got a Knockout!

Shaved with the Knockout this evening:
proxy.php

A deceptively smooth and stealthily aggressive shave.
This has got to be one of the most collectable razors ever!

Found me one of these razors in the wild, part of a grooming set. Cleaned up really well. Bakelite and metal head in great condition.

$KnockOut Razor.JPG$KnockOut Razor1.jpg$KnockOut Razor2.jpg$KnockOut Razor3.jpg$KnockOut Razor4.jpg
I've started to really enjoy these Bakelite razors. Have two Gillette Bakelite Techs, two Souplex Minor razors, a Souplex Double Six razor and a Philips Philite razor; and now the Knockout razor as well.

Found me one of these razors in the wild, part of a grooming set. Cleaned up really well. Bakelite and metal head in great condition.

View attachment 650624View attachment 650625View attachment 650626View attachment 650627View attachment 650628
I've started to really enjoy these Bakelite razors. Have two Gillette Bakelite Techs, two Souplex Minor razors, a Souplex Double Six razor and a Philips Philite razor; and now the Knockout razor as well.

Super cool! Congratulations!

What does a Philips Philite look like?

My Bakelite collection and a few more pictures of the Philips Philite razor of mine. I didn't find the shave overly aggressive. I found it to be quite mild, a pleasant shave. A great finishing razor. You can buff to your heart's content with this razor!

$Bakelite Razors.jpg$Bakelite Techs.jpg$Philips Philite Razor.jpg$Philips Philite Razor1.jpg$Philips Philite Razor2.jpg

Had a wonderful shave with this razor. Very smooth shaver but also slightly aggressive. Needs a light hand. The shave was smooth, clean and long lasting. Another nice feature of this razor is the base plate. The blade sits slightly off the base plate on those three raised portions. This allows lather to travel underneath the blade right to the other side of the razor, providing some extra protection when buffing.

Definitely a keeper for me. I'll also keep a look out for the different brands of this specific razor and hopefully find the original packaging at some point. Very stylish!

$SOTDSundayShaveKnockOut.jpg

Had a wonderful shave with this razor. Very smooth shaver but also slightly aggressive. Needs a light hand. The shave was smooth, clean and long lasting. Another nice feature of this razor is the base plate. The blade sits slightly off the base plate on those three raised portions. This allows lather to travel underneath the blade right to the other side of the razor, providing some extra protection when buffing.

Definitely a keeper for me. I'll also keep a look out for the different brands of this specific razor and hopefully find the original packaging at some point. Very stylish!

View attachment 651317

What a great description of a truly great razor!

What a great description of a truly great razor!

Thank you. Had another terrific shave this evening. Heeding my earlier advice of using a light hand and wow... such a great shave. No irritation or weepers. Silky smooth finish. Very impressed by the design. With the lather staying underneath the blade, one can buff those difficult to reach areas without irritating the skin.

$SOTDTuesdayShaveKnockOutShave!.jpg

Last edited:
"So look here, three different versions of this razor:
Black (Fuluse), Brown (unknown) and White (Knockout)."

I just bought a brown coloured "Knockout", which came in a box which identified the razor as a "Souplex National". I've also seen the same razor described as a Souplex National, on an item valuation site called Worthpoint which is easily found online. My razor is not otherwise branded in any way, although the writing "Made In England" on the bottom of the baseplate is exactly the same as on the white Knockout.

"So look here, three different versions of this razor:
Black (Fuluse), Brown (unknown) and White (Knockout)."

I just bought a brown coloured "Knockout", which came in a box which identified the razor as a "Souplex National". I've also seen the same razor described as a Souplex National, on an item valuation site called Worthpoint which is easily found online. My razor is not otherwise branded in any way, although the writing "Made In England" on the bottom of the baseplate is exactly the same as on the white Knockout.
Hmm... Do you have pics of your razor?
It would be very interesting to see that.
My guess is that that's a mismatched box - Worthpoint just lifts images from eBay.

There's just so much about these razors to be discovered though eh?

Here are some pics of the razor.

My razor also came in a Souplex National cardboard box, exactly like the box shown on the Worthpoint web page. I don't have a photo of my box available.

I've only used this razor once, and it was my first time using a mostly bakelite razor. I was not impressed. It seemed very mild and required several passes, although I ultimately got a good shave out of it. YMMV as they say..

Attachments

• Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout1.JPG
    Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout1.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout3.JPG
    Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout3.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 24
  • Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout5.JPG
    Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout5.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout6.JPG
    Souplex National Bakelite Razor, England, like Knockout6.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 24
Testing out a vintage blade led me back to the DE shaving greats and of course the Knockout is one of them!
Shaving with it yesterday I was reminded what a truly fabulous razor this is:
04DEF625-7712-4F2C-AC96-5DDC6D2894B6.jpeg

Here are some pics of the razor.

My razor also came in a Souplex National cardboard box, exactly like the box shown on the Worthpoint web page. I don't have a photo of my box available.

I've only used this razor once, and it was my first time using a mostly bakelite razor. I was not impressed. It seemed very mild and required several passes, although I ultimately got a good shave out of it. YMMV as they say..

As an update, I've lately seen the brown version of the "Knockout" razor described in a couple of places (at least one of these descriptions being here on B+B) as a "Nelson" brand razor.

As an update, I've lately seen the brown version of the "Knockout" razor described in a couple of places (at least one of these descriptions being here on B+B) as a "Nelson" brand razor.
The brown version, which I've seen sold branded as a "Nelson", was apparently marketed as a "Trafalgar" as well, and made by "Harrison-Fisher and Company Limited" of Sheffield, England (a recent (Ebay) search reveals).

Last edited:
Top Bottom