What's new

Goodfellas Smile Bayonetta

oh, seems you really, really, really, really really like it.
I like it in this combination price/ feel, how easy is to use and it's my 1st brass razor. So plating could resolve my only little "issue" (or maybe not and I will sell plated Bayonetta soon) with like drag feeling. I would like to have Bayonetta with finish like Dovo Primo. I have much better razors as this two cheap but this cheap are outstanding value for money and I enjoy to use them sometimes more as razors where I payed 5 or 10 times more..

And one more thing as I like sometimes use of easy razors (Bayonetta, Dovo Primo, Overlander, Athena..) they are like too easy to learn and improve my technique. Progress is usually fruit of longer and patience use of same razor which I don't like first because is too difficult for me but with time I can improve and finally also enjoy that more demanding gap or head geometry..

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@tomas1870 find a very well fitting brass stand for it, for some reason brass stands seem to be even more rare than stainless steel stands. But maybe the stands of the Yintal razors do fit, that's my only idea so far for a fitting stand.
I've been wondering if one of the Karve brass razor stands would fit.. if you take out the rubber insert... When we get back the the States, I'll probably contact them for the dimensions of their stands without the rubber insert to see if one of them might work. I need more time with the Bayonetta too.......to see it might be one I'd like to replate in Chris' @ Back Roads Gold hardened 24K gold. He did an Overlander for me and it came out beautifully....

Looks better now (for me), just some days more for shipping
2a1da6b7-5035-427a-b4e1-e6a5af0432a4.jpeg

It shines up nice but that fine bead blasted finish is a hassle. Flitz and microfiber would give gloss but not clarity and specularity. So I used the cap on the Bayonetta as a test.
Wet sanded with grit 600/1000/1500/2000/3000, then flitz and microfiber. Turned out pretty nice.
20240228_105645.jpg

So I then spent about 90 minutes on the Kopparkant
20240228_111025.jpg

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Has anyone used both the Aylsworth Kopperkant and the Bayonetta? One has more exposure, the other more gap...do they balance out?

Does one leave anything on the table that the other can do and vice versa?

This could very well be the most value for money razor release of the year!

It's a very smooth shaver. Medium gap with higher exposure guarantees good efficiency with high level of skin comfort.

The blade bend is good so blade chatter isn't an issue.

The blade span is short (distance from blade to safety bar edge), which some may like and others won't.
My preference is for a slightly longer span but overall, I can't fault this razor in any way!

It's more efficient than GC84-P.
Around the level of karve C plate or Rockwell plate 6.

I'm curious about the Bayonetta and at the same time a bit confused, some describe it as the same efficiency as a Muhle Rocca, some say it's similar to the GameChanger .68P. I know razors are subjective but still I feel like the Rocca is quite a step up in efficiency from the GC .68P.

What's the consensus now on the blade feel and efficiency of the bayonetta ?
Any chance someone could compare it to any of the following (GC .84P, GC .68P, EJ 3one6, Muhle Rocca, Lupo .58, Lupo .72, Karve Overlander) ?

I'm curious about the Bayonetta and at the same time a bit confused, some describe it as the same efficiency as a Muhle Rocca, some say it's similar to the GameChanger .68P. I know razors are subjective but still I feel like the Rocca is quite a step up in efficiency from the GC .68P.

What's the consensus now on the blade feel and efficiency of the bayonetta ?
Any chance someone could compare it to any of the following (GC .84P, GC .68P, EJ 3one6, Muhle Rocca, Lupo .58, Lupo .72, Karve Overlander) ?

I didn't like the rocca at all. It reminded me of timeless 95, unnecessary skin aggression without the required efficiency.

I found bayonetta better. I also found it a bit more efficient than GC84 and Lupo72.

The one and only reason I didn't keep the bayonetta is due to the very narrow head, giving the razor a very short blade span, which I don't prefer.

Has anyone used both the Aylsworth Kopperkant and the Bayonetta? One has more exposure, the other more gap...do they balance out?

Does one leave anything on the table that the other can do and vice versa?

Which Kopparkant plate?
The plus plate is more efficient than the Bayonetta but we're talking .99 gap /0.125 exposure.
I don't have the standard plate but I can say I shave steeper with the Bayonetta, likely due to the blade bend.

I can get mostly BBS with either but the Kopparkant+ last 2-3 hours longer. The Bayonetta is certainly no slouch, especially for the price. It's a smooth, close and comfortable shave imo.

Last edited:

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Which Kopparkant plate?
The plus plate is more efficient than the Bayonetta but we're talking .99 gap /0.125 exposure.
I don't have the standard plate but I can say I shave steeper with the Bayonetta, likely due to the blade bend.

I can get mostly BBS with either but the Kopparkant+ last 2-3 hours longer. The Bayonetta is certainly no slouch, especially for the price. It's a smooth, close and comfortable shave imo.

@Sweeney_ oops, but yes, I was looking at the + plate. Sounds like the Kopperkant is what I would be after. Thanks for the insight.

Top Bottom