What's new

Going back to cartridge and canned shaving gel

That's right, I have to set aside my Gillette Slim adjustable, no brush and cream to whip up in a bowl.

Reason: I'm having surgery on my right shoulder and wrist tomorrow. I learned the last time my right shoulder was repaired that shaving is the one thing I'm not good at with my left hand.

Hopefully, I'll be able to use my DE in about a week or two. I won't be able to touch my fingers together for about a week. I may just use an electric beard trimmer to keep the length manageable.

"Lefty"

If you have to use canned Goo, at least use the Aveeno Gel, smells pleasant (a lite almond smell), and performs a lot better than most of the other gels on the market. :thumbup1:

FYI...I broke my right wrist years ago and found that shaving with my left wasn't too difficult. A little practice and you can get a DFS with your left. Best wishes for a fast recovery!

you can practice with the other hand, it's not THAT bad. Even anything it can teach you how to use a straight where you use both hands for either side of your face. :thumbup1:

R

rainman

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Take the opportunity to grow a full beard.
I think thats something every man needs to do atleast once in his lifetime.

Here's to a fast recovery :a17:

Wishing you the best but PLEASE, even if you don't trust your left hand to shave you, use it to whip up a nice lather with proper soap/cream - your face will thank you!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Have a speedy recovery.

Here's a good opportunity to get an injector. They're every bit as easy to use as a cartridge, without giving up the man points.

Cartridge and canned shaving gel?! I understand maybe you cant shave properly for a while, but... cartridge and canned shaving gel? Please reconsider. Beardedness is clearly the better option... Dont add insult to the injury... Best wishes with the surgery and recovery.

Shaving would be the last thing I'd worry about too. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

I see no reason that you can't at least lather up with your off hand. And the idea of using an injector is a good one, they are very easy to shave with.

Top Bottom