What's new

Gillette Twist - white handle, made in England, my review.

Hello everybody!

5 days ago I became a proud owner of Gillette Twist with white plastic handle. It has no box, in very nice condition, the doors are closing completely, no plate loss, just simple dots here and there. The doors are closing with the knob under the head. My first impression was the balance - the weight is on the head, the whole razor weights 43 grams, it is little bigger size as my EJ, but it is lighter. The handle is VERY comfortable and believe me it will not slip from your hands even if they are covered with soap or creme foam. The handle has very nice grip.

The Shave! - This little friend gave me one of the mildest, fast and forgiving shaves. First I did loaded Gillette stainless - very mild and forgiving, I did press a little here and there - no cuts at all. The same on my neck.
The second shave was with Polsilver SI. Very nice and close shave! I did press a little here and there again, no cuts! A little redness but no cuts at all! I am very impressed with this razor.

Conclusion - I personally find this little friend milder as my EJ. I can not comment the finish because this is 40+ y.o. razor, so it is normal to have some cosmetic dots. This is very mild and nice shaver, I recommend it for beginners, you can make mistakes as much as you want, it will not bite you /I can not say how it handles with Feathers/. I think you must have one in your collection or it is very nice shaver for first razor.

$IMG_2849.jpg$IMG_2841.jpg$IMG_2845.jpg$IMG_2834.jpg$IMG_2832.jpg

Please comment and give your opinions for this razor too. Thank you for reading my review! :)

+1 agreed this is a very forgiving razor comparable to my Merkur 180. You can shave blind folded with these and not get hurt.

My first DE is an English made Gillette TTO with a black plastic handle that is skinnier than yours. Once I learn how to post photos on here I'll share them with the forum and make a few comments after shaving with it. BTW I found this on eBay for less than $20 shipped. The seller described it as used but it looks like it's never been used, or at the worst, sparingly.

Thank you for your opinions, gentlemans! This is really very nice shaver and beginner razor.

My first DE is an English made Gillette TTO with a black plastic handle that is skinnier than yours. Once I learn how to post photos on here I'll share them with the forum and make a few comments after shaving with it. BTW I found this on eBay for less than $20 shipped. The seller described it as used but it looks like it's never been used, or at the worst, sparingly.

Is that the model of your razor, Sir?
$G2-1.jpg

Wow, it sure is! Do you know anything about this razor? I haven't seen any others and have not researched it yet.

Hm, I did see 2 of these razors in an antique shop, but I did never toke a closer look, the one was with white handle in a box, I am sure they will have the point of pressure on the head because of the light plastic handle and the shape - it is like cone. They are mild for sure, made in England. This is another model close to yours but in very bad condition, but interesting anyway /see the handle/:

http://prodavalnik.com/samobrsnachka-zhilet--angliya-i40821053

@Avalon

Thank you for your review. I hope you'll enjoy your razor for many years to come. :001_smile

Slim Twists are really nice shavers and in my opinion somewhat underappreciated.

Wow, it sure is! Do you know anything about this razor? I haven't seen any others and have not researched it yet.

If it has a blue handle, it's a Gillette G2000:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/On...88 (I4) G2000 Slim Twist beschriftet Logo.jpg

As far as I know they were made during 1980s. You can date it if you look at the back of the head (or to be more precise the back of the base plate). There should be a letter and a number (letter = year, number = quarter).

If it has a black handle and the same head it's a Gillette G1000:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece solid guard bar/1998 G1000 England beschriftet Logo.jpg

From what I understand they were made during 1990s (probably the last TTO model that was made by Gillette).

Swing, thanks to you. It looks like the same head and it has a black handle and looks exactly like the photo Avalon posted.

Yours is a G2000 model.

Bob Smith made this long handle custom out of a NOS G1000 so you KNOW what I think of them :001_smile

proxy.php

Top Bottom