What's new

Gillette Superspeed, Aristocrat and Slim

I use a slim currently but I live the look of the closed comb aristocrats but which of the three will be better if so than my slim

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I think you could do well with any of those. Which year and style if SS were you thinking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are your whiskers soft or tough? What setting on a Slim do you generally use? This info is critical for anyone to advise you which razor would be a good choice.

There are different generations of TTO's by years, the heads are the same, only the handles are different. 1940-1947, 1948-1950, 1951-around 1966?... I believe there are two more changes after that.

48-50 Aristocrat is probably my best all around razor.

I much prefer my English Gillette Aristocrat no 16 to my Slim or the Superspeeds I have had in the past, but that's probably more to do with the look and feel of the razor than any advantage it offers in terms of shave quality. I like to believe it gives a rather better shave, but that might just be wishful thinking. In terms of aggression, it feels to me like my Slim on a pretty high setting. The 48 US Aristocrat I have feels a little milder.

For me both the Superspeed and Aristocrat provide better shaves than a Slim.

Keep trying my adjustable, but other than a nice feel to their weight, I do not find them as great shavers.

Nice additions to a collection. As always YMMV.

I had a late-1940s SS for about a month but then sold it because it was too mild. I bought a 1959 Fatboy and never looked back. I run the FB on 7 and it gets the job done.

Top Bottom