What's new

Gillette Slim Twist? Gillette 1000? Gillette G2000? Help Identify please

Cool - so far, my reading has led me to believe that the term 'Flair Tip' was a consumer/collector coined term and one that Gillette never used to market the razor, but the actual name of the razor was a 'Super Speed' .... but the Super Speed with the black handle came out in 1966 - and I have a 1965 K-4 in silver, so I think I'm good there.

My goal is to collect razors from 1965 (birth year) I don't know if I want all variations of the razors (like all the colors of the Lady) but I'm still deciding if having a representation of 'a Lady' is good enough to suit my needs and wants
Its FLARE TIP...not FLAIR TIP

$Screenshot_2016-03-11-13-46-50.jpg

Hi,

Nope. That'd be Spelling, not Grammar. ;)

Seriously, though, I have one of these like the one in the first post. Says M3 England on it, so 1992. My mom used it at one point. She hasn't for years, though. It is gummed up, and I haven't bothered with trying to loosen it up. I suppose she bought it after dad retired and they moved in 1990. It must have come from a drug store here in the US, as that would have been the only choice open to them at the time.

Stan

Hi,

Nope. That'd be Spelling, not Grammar. ;)

Seriously, though, I have one of these like the one in the first post. Says M3 England on it, so 1992. My mom used it at one point. She hasn't for years, though. It is gummed up, and I haven't bothered with trying to loosen it up. I suppose she bought it after dad retired and they moved in 1990. It must have come from a drug store here in the US, as that would have been the only choice open to them at the time.

Stan

Ugh! You guys are killing me! :w00t:

At least I didn't say 'lair tip' :blink:

Could have been worse, It could have said "liar" tip! :lol:

Autocorrect does crazy things sometimes!

Makes me into a stutterer at times, along with other things!

Hi,

Liar, liar, flare's on fire...in the lair! :p

Good old Autocorrect. The source of much amusement! ;)

Stan

The type of razor is a Slim Twist. For that model "K" means 1990. G1000 and G2000 are names of the package: G1000 only with razor, G2000 razor and blade dispenser. They are all Made in England for the european market.
So there is no such thing as G2000 razor? its either a slim twist or knack...???

53CA2B5E-1C0D-452E-9937-537F1F7AA1BD.jpeg
Sorry, that was too easy.

Further to the original poster who’s collecting all his birth year razors, just how deep into this quest are you, in number of razors and money laid out in the process? Granted, the OP, 1981 Eagle has been MIA on B&B for over a year now, so the question may never be answered...

Last edited:
So there is no such thing as G2000 razor? its either a slim twist or knack...???

They are known as Slim Twist or Knack razors but given what Achim has advised, which is that the packages had the "G" designations, people will refer to them that way as well.

I don't recall when I got mine it was long ago, but I somehow have an idea it was in the 1970's. I will have to dig it out and check the date code.

Last edited:
Top Bottom