What's new

Gillette blue tip

I recently scored a gillette blue tip at an antique fair along with five other razors. After trying the other five, I deceided to try the blue tip. I didn't expect much since my go to razors are a slant and a gem. Loaded it with a derby and gave it a go. It's such a mild razor that it's hard not to enjoy it. The shave was too easy and took no thought. After three passes it felt pretty good.
It has been a week and I really like this razor. I get no razor burn. I don't even get a sting from the witch hazel. The shave isn't quite as close as with a slant or gem, but it is still quite enjoyable. It is definitely going into my regular rotation.:thumbup1:

They're very nice shavers, I have one in excellent condition in the case that will be my son's starter razor in a few more years.

hi
the blue tip is fairly mild to use ,blade experiment is a bonus with this razor ,i have used one of this for 4 years daily at work to shave skin prior to working on , normally with the blade quite loose .. cracking all round tool and in the last few months got a couple more off a forum member and been rotating them for work .:thumbup:

Great razor, was using it for the last month or so, no irritation and a pretty smooth shave too. It's my go to when I need a quick shave or a lazy one, but I moved on back to my Merkur HD, big difference in shave

I agree, the Blue Tip is a very nice little razor. I still prefer my Slim & Fatboy, but I enjoy my Blue Tip so much that I have no intentions of getting rid of it. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom