What's new

Gibbs adjustable safety razor

I wondered if anyone on the board has tried or knows anything about the Gibbs adjustable razor. Will it take a standard DE blade? Any and all input is appreciated.
Thanks.

Nope ... proprietary blades like this

proxy.php

Adapting blades shouldn't be too difficult though.

I think the razor is very cool but without a blade that fits correctly well..... paperweight. I wonder how scarce the OEM blade is and whether that blade is good. Nuke, it looks like you have or had one with the blade(s) did you like the shave?

I think the razor is very cool but without a blade that fits correctly well..... paperweight. I wonder how scarce the OEM blade is and whether that blade is good. Nuke, it looks like you have or had one with the blade(s) did you like the shave?

I do have some blades, but those are not my pictures.

Never bought one precisely because I don't think it's worth trying to shave with it. I could be wrong, but probably I'll never find out. They do look cool, though. They're usually cheap, and sometimes the BINs sit for ages until someone finally buys them. The auctions I've seen usually never fetch high prices either.

The blades are relatively easy to find, I have a few that came with some other razor, but honestly I don't think I'd want to use them, even though they're still wrapped.

Thank you. I think I'll let that project sit for another day. It's not like I have a razor shortage right! :001_smile

Top Bottom