What's new

Getting Tabac/Musgo Smell Out Of My Rooney 3/1?

I used Tabac cream in my Rooney yesterday and found the scent persisted in the brush. I used Musgo Real today and shampoo'd the brush after I was done but the brush still has a fragrance.

I've used the brush with Omega cream and Haslinger soap previously and haven't had this problem. The brush is less than three months old, purchased from Vintage Blades.

What should I use to get the smell out of my brush without damaging? Or do these creams leave a scent in the brush after use and there's nothing to be done about it? Or...?

Most soaps with a strong fragrance leave some sort of scent behind. If you rotate soaps and creams frequently your brush might end up smelling unique, If you really want the smell gone, use some shampoo or use borax method from one of the brush cleaning threads.

As long as you rinse out your brush well, the smell will not damage your brush. I generally would not worry about it unless the scents overpower the scent of the soap or cream that you are currently using.

Most soaps with a strong fragrance leave some sort of scent behind. If you rotate soaps and creams frequently your brush might end up smelling unique, If you really want the smell gone, use some shampoo or use borax method from one of the brush cleaning threads.

As long as you rinse out your brush well, the smell will not damage your brush. I generally would not worry about it unless the scents overpower the scent of the soap or cream that you are currently using.

This

Or, you can try a 20% vinegar & 80% water solution and rinse it real thoroughly with that... Personally, I don't worry about getting the scents out of my brushes, only make sure to rinse out the soap real well.

tabac soap is my favorite brush smell. i don't know how much stronger the cream is though. when i first started using the soap, i was on the fence about the scent, but as i wiped a dry brush across my face one day, the scent sold me. i figure it goes away with a few unscented shaves with my AoS, so...I would personally just wait it out, because it will leave eventually (soap left quickly, so i am assuming the cream will as well, just that it might take a bit longer).

Just to mention in passing, that was the first time I used Tabac, and I loved the smell of it. It reminded me of some childhood holiday smell; maybe a department store at Christmas time? I couldn't tell you.

To the matter at hand: the smell on the brush was strong enough that I couldn't get a sense of what Musgo by itself smelled like. That must be pretty strong; I understand Musgo's fragrance is pretty powerful.

I'll look at the thread for the methods mentioned here and some others, and start with what looks to be the gentlest method that's stronger than just shampoo. Don't want the cure to be worse than the disease after all :biggrin:

Just to mention in passing, that was the first time I used Tabac, and I loved the smell of it. It reminded me of some childhood holiday smell; maybe a department store at Christmas time? I couldn't tell you.

To the matter at hand: the smell on the brush was strong enough that I couldn't get a sense of what Musgo by itself smelled like. That must be pretty strong; I understand Musgo's fragrance is pretty powerful.

I'll look at the thread for the methods mentioned here and some others, and start with what looks to be the gentlest method that's stronger than just shampoo. Don't want the cure to be worse than the disease after all :biggrin:

which is...:w00t:

is the scent so strong it overshadows the soap or cream that you're currently using? I can't imagine that it would.

I had some residual English Fern drown out a more mildly-scented soap before, Speick, I think. It turned out to be an interesting combination :rolleyes:.

This is a problem???

My sentiments exactly. Why would you want to get rid of the Tabac scent? On a more serious note, I find I can still smell many products in the brush after I use them, but not so strongly that they're not immediately overpowered by the product in the next shave.

I have to say that this is a pretty minor problem....actually more like a benefit. A brush retaining the last scent seems to be 100% normal to me. Scrubbing it out seems to be excessive.

Best way to get rid of TABAC in the brush is use the brush with some other soap.

Top Bottom