What's new

Geneva Pyramid rescale

My good buddy in Thailand & Genco fan David sent me this little 9/16 Pyramid for a mini restore.
Edge was a shocker so went for a bevel set to be sure before giving a verdict.

B4 & after bevel reset pics first up. Initial bevel was set with DMT's. Pic is after some buff work.

Blade was surprisingly in good condition, cosmetically, so minimal work there.
Next was clean up the tang which was plated. Took some work to grind it clean of rust & finally I made new acrylic scales & wedge.
Awesome shaver like most U.S. vintage razors

As I said over at SRP - This one looks fantastic!

Based on that post I now have 3 Geneva Pyramids inbound (2 square points and one round like this) to determine which is the best shape for me to restore for my own den.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice work Oz! Nice Scales! Is the razor still 9/16 or is it a 4/8 now?

Blade was surprisingly in good condition, cosmetically, so minimal work there.
Next was clean up the tang which was plated. Took some work to grind it clean of rust & finally I made new acrylic scales & wedge.
Awesome shaver like most U.S. vintage razors

Nice work

Nice work Oz! Nice Scales! Is the razor still 9/16 or is it a 4/8 now?

Thanx Luc. It's 9/16 back of spine to edge. I'm guessing maybe it was 5/8 when first made.

PS Thanx for the comments guys.

Last edited:
As I said over at SRP - This one looks fantastic!

Based on that post I now have 3 Geneva Pyramids inbound (2 square points and one round like this) to determine which is the best shape for me to restore for my own den.

I can see a 7 day set in the making hehe.

Genevas (Gencos before Gencos were cool :) ) are worth the effort, you your work is wonderful. Thx for posting. That's gotta be one sweet shaver. 'Used a stag horn Geneva (graphic stamped on the shank) this morn.

Genevas (Gencos before Gencos were cool :) ) are worth the effort, you your work is wonderful. Thx for posting. That's gotta be one sweet shaver. 'Used a stag horn Geneva (graphic stamped on the shank) this morn.

Thanx & Yah, Gotta agree. I like em all :biggrin1:

Top Bottom