What's new

Gem collection

Since I have become a Gem convert this is what I acquired in a very short time. The 2 on the right were just received today.
left to right

Gem featherweight
Gem all metal Flip to Open
Gem Pushbutton
Gem Micromatic

You'll find the all metal flip to open also referred to as a G-bar on this forum, though that isn't an official designation.

Looks good. The Micromatic is a Clog-Pruf version, from the looks of things.

- Chris

Thanks for the heads up:thumbup1: about the G bar. This Micromatic doesn't say clog proof on it but its a great shaver(like all Gems) The Featherweight lives up to its name as it weighs in at a mere 1.0 oz

Thanks for the heads up:thumbup1: about the G bar. This Micromatic doesn't say clog proof on it but its a great shaver(like all Gems) The Featherweight lives up to its name as it weighs in at a mere 1.0 oz

Can you show what the Micromatic looks like with its mouth open?

Can you show what the Micromatic looks like with its mouth open?

proxy.php

I'm liking my Gems a bit more every day. I used an open comb Micromatic for one less than successful shave, and decided on a more cautious approach at first; I'll come back to it. This week has been split between a G-Bar and a Junior, and I have a 1924 Ever Ready on the way from the Shave Den store. But I'm not giving up on DE razors, and still intend to try the Schick Injector.

Does anybody else have a Gem collection to post? I have a all metal flip-to-open (G Bar?) with a very nice hand fitted (so it appears) woden case, sure does not look mass produced. The razor is a simple 1912. It's the packaging that fascinates me. There is another in a local antique shop which is also elegantly packaged. I have seen on the Bay those bakelite cases for the micromatic, though they seem factory produced in mass. All the rest, the older razors, have pretty impressive cases. My question is really about the packing and presentation. Gem looks like they cared more about their marketing than Gillette ever did. Make sense? I would love to see pictures of good looking razors in good looking cases.
PS I will be posting pics in a few days with my next purchase.

R

rainman

My Micromatic is not the "Clog Proof" model.

Yes it is. It is actually Clog Pruf, not proof.
There were only 3 micromatics made. The "Bullseye" which is the safety bar version, the Clog Pruf, and the Open Comb.

Ahh, the Great White Shark. Marvel at it's rows of razor sharp teeth that are sharp as razors, and can cut through... many things.

Remember, if your Micromatic shaves get a little too close and you lose some blood, just hit it near the gills or eyes and it should back off:lol:

Top Bottom