What's new

Gamechanger 68 vs Timeless 68 - SB

Gamechanger 68 vs Timeless 68

• Total voters
Hello there! How similar are these razors in terms of mildness and efficiency? Would you chose one over the other? Is the price difference justified?

I have both (also Timeless .95 and GC .84). For me, the Timeless is easily the winner in comfort and efficiency, it is one of if not the most comfortable razor I have. The Game Changer is a good razor at a good price, but if I have to choose one over the other it's the Timeless.

The Game Changer feels lighter (I haven't checked the actual specs lately) and the head is thinner if those things are important to you.

Don't forget Timeless has a scratch and dent section which it seems anyone here has yet to get one that is less than perfect. The only downside is they are not returnable, sold as-is. And the Timeless matte finish saves some money as well. I prefer the matte finish for an everyday razor because upkeep is so easy.

I used my Timeless .68 yesterday (I normally use the .95 more often but needed a mild shave due to a rough shave the day before). Here's my post -

I used to have Timeless .68 SB and currently have two Game Changer .68 razors (one is a spare).

The Timeless is a fantastic razor. It has some blade feel, but not a lot, so overall it seems pretty mild (perhaps equivalent to a Rockwell 6S/6C plate 3.5, if there were such a thing). It was plenty efficient for me and it is the smoothest razor I've ever used. It's finished nicer than the Game Changer and I love it's unique design. The negatives to me are just that it's kind of bulky, and at least in SB format, it clears away the lather so much on the first pass that it can sometimes stick if you try to go over an area more than once. I do feel it is worth the asking price given how well it's finished and the intricate design of the base plate that's probably not the easiest to make.

I like the Game Changer more than the Timeless mainly because I like the smaller head and the added agility that comes with that. It also has a bit less blade feel, which I like, but still efficient enough for me. I'm satisfied with how it's finished, although it's certainly not to the same level as the Timeless. I'm amazed that the Game Changer is only $55. The best bang for the buck for any shaving gear I've owned.

I still have a Timeless .68SB and sold a Game Changer .68SB. The shaves are very similar, but overall the Timeless is a winner to me. As mentioned above, the Timeless Scratch & Dent is a great place to look as there normally is a good savings available. I have bought a few razors there and could not find anything wrong with them.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I can't vote - don't have .68 versions of either, but the .84 versions. And for them I would say go with the OC.

And then I would say take the Timeless .95 OC and add that *I* personally prefer the Timeless Slim OC. :)

I don't have the timeless .68, only the .95. But i have the GC .68 and .84 both. Both are fantastic razors but personally I prefer the timeless, the shave is very smooth.

I have both (also Timeless .95 and GC .84). For me, the Timeless is easily the winner in comfort and efficiency, it is one of if not the most comfortable razor I have. The Game Changer is a good razor at a good price, but if I have to choose one over the other it's the Timeless.

The Game Changer feels lighter (I haven't checked the actual specs lately) and the head is thinner if those things are important to you.

Don't forget Timeless has a scratch and dent section which it seems anyone here has yet to get one that is less than perfect. The only downside is they are not returnable, sold as-is. And the Timeless matte finish saves some money as well. I prefer the matte finish for an everyday razor because upkeep is so easy.

I used my Timeless .68 yesterday (I normally use the .95 more often but needed a mild shave due to a rough shave the day before). Here's my post -
How do you compare the Timeless 95 and Gamechanger 84. Are they both straight bars?

I had both of these and the timeless was the winner. More comfortable and more efficient.
I think expanding my post might also be helpful. Whenever the timeless came out, if I remember correctly it was one of a very few premium offerings available on the market - maybe it and Wolfman were the 2 big players. I got the Timeless and I can honestly say that it was the first razor where I felt, "oh this is a considerable upgrade in terms of shave quality" compared to whatever other razors I have tried at the time - gamechanger (both plates), Merkurs/EJ of almost every ilk, an Ikon that I tried, Karve CB c-plate, and some of the cheaper Razorock offerings that are zamac. I am not sure how it competes with the current premium offerings as I have sold it off long ago, but I can honestly say it was an eye-opening experience. I will say, the timeless handles are considerably heavy and if I was going to buy a stainless steel razor head today, I would definitely opt for one of their titanium handles.

Timeless .68 open comb ss polished is the smoothest razor I have, with the .95 scalloped right there close by. I have a bunch of blade forward more aggressive razors which I like just as well or better, but the timeless razors shave very close and very smooth.

Late but had GC in both .68 and .84 best bang for buck razor IMHO
but not the best of the best
I had 2 wolfman before and might want another in a .85/1.05 dual that might become my grail

but I only use a Timeless .68 Ti these days best every way for me until I can compare to the above wolfman
scallop or the straight sold my OC and kinda wish I kept it
also really need to get the .95 plates as I now am happy with 2 pass where before always did 3 pass

dont like blade forward razors

buy both try both sell the other one after a few months

I have both of these razors in .68 SB. My Timeless is in Matte Titanium. I find that they both give similar results but as others have mentioned earlier the Timeless has a nicer finish and a more complex design. It all boils down to what you want. I like the slim head profile of the GC which makes it easier to get under the nose. The 68Ti is a bit bulkier in design but I believe that is partly why it is one of the smoothest razors I have ever used. When trying to justify price, that becomes even more subjective. The GC is one of the best bang for your buck SS razors out there. The Timeless is relatively inexpensive compared to most other Titanium razors on the market. Whether either fits in the budget also plays a role since there are plenty of $5-$10 zamak razors out there that can get the job done. I'm thankful that DE shaving has gained so much traction and we have a plethora of options.

Top Bottom