What's new

Found a new Scotch Whisky for me.

I tried a new scotch I never tried before. I was at a friends house and he gave me some. Glenmorangie Single Malt. This stuff blew me away. It is fantastic. This is my new Scotch from now on. I love it. I use to prefer Dewar's 15 year blended Scotch but this Glenmorangie beat it out. This is so smooth. I should not compare it to Dewar's blended Scotch. They are both great just different taste. You can't go wrong with either one.
Anyone else try this great Scotch? I you have not you really should.

Scotch.jpg

I tried a new scotch I never tried before. I was at a friends house and he gave me some. Glenmorangie Single Malt. This stuff blew me away. It is fantastic. This is my new Scotch from now on. I love it. I use to prefer Dewar's 15 year blended Scotch but this Glenmorangie beat it out. This is so smooth.
I don’t drink anymore, but about 25 years ago I was really into single malts. I remember Glenmorangie smelling and tasting like seaweed.
My favorite was MacCallum.

This is what one professional reviewer had to say about it; "Delicate notes of candied apple, light toffee and pear drops...nuances of rose petals, carnations and lightly toasted malt."
I can never relate to these kind of reviews but they are interesting to read.

I don't see even remotely how you get that out of this superior Scotch.
Sorry, I was confusing it with this:

I definitely tried Glenmorangie though. I am sure I liked it. Laphroaig was the only one of the many I tried that I couldn’t stand.
Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry, I was confusing it with this:

You put a wet blanket on my new thread. You talked before you thought.

It might just be me by I have noticed some Scotch whiskies that I have tried seem to have one flavor and when I try it again years later it taste different.

Not me. A good scotch always taste good to me but your taste may change over time as to what you prefer. Sometimes I will switch my drink to bourbon but my number one choice is always scotch.

Tastes can change over the years but bottlings can change as well.
See for instance what people say about the current Highland Park 12 or Johnnie Walker 15.

That being said if you like the current expression of Glenmorangie 10y than great and stock up on a couple of bottles.

My personal pet peeve and this is only marginally related to taste is the rather low proof and the usage of E150 colorant from LVMH.

Tastes can change over the years but bottlings can change as well.
See for instance what people say about the current Highland Park 12 or Johnnie Walker 15.

That being said if you like the current expression of Glenmorangie 10y than great and stock up on a couple of bottles.

I guess that is true what you say about taste and bottling can change.
Maybe I better stock up on my scotch.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Glenmorangie Original is a staple in our house, and it's always on my short list when someone says "I'm interested in Scotch whisky. What should I try?" It's priced well enough for mixing, but it's also a mighty fine whisky in its own right for sipping neat. I always get a little citrus/orange note from it, too.

I was hooked on Dewar's 15 year blended scotch which is a great scotch also IMO but once I tasted Glenmorangie I haven't drank my Dewar's since.

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Another thing about the Glenmorangie Original. It's fantastic for the Scotch Martini.

The Scotch Martini is not what one might think right off the bat. It's not Scotch and dry or blanc vermouth. That's a dry Rob Roy. Rather, it's where you swap in Scotch for the vermouth.

It turns out that gin and a bit of Glenmorangie Original makes for a mighty lovely cocktail. There's a warmth and depth and sense of luxury. One of these days, I'll try it with an Islay or Johnny Walker Black (or even bourbon), However, the Glenmorangie just is wonderful.

Try it, and thank me later (that is, unless I'm apologizing to you for the hangover).

Another thing about the Glenmorangie Original. It's fantastic for the Scotch Martini.

The Scotch Martini is not what one might think right off the bat. It's not Scotch and dry or blanc vermouth. That's a dry Rob Roy. Rather, it's where you swap in Scotch for the vermouth.

It turns out that gin and a bit of Glenmorangie Original makes for a mighty lovely cocktail. There's a warmth and depth and sense of luxury. One of these days, I'll try it with an Islay or Johnny Walker Black (or even bourbon), However, the Glenmorangie just is wonderful.

Try it, and thank me later (that is, unless I'm apologizing to you for the hangover).

Sounds good. I will give it a go. I'm always ready to try a new drink. This one does sound interesting.
Scotch Martini. I will Google it to get the proper mix. Thanks for the tip.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Sounds good. I will give it a go. I'm always ready to try a new drink. This one does sound interesting.
Scotch Martini. I will Google it to get the proper mix. Thanks for the tip.

Check out THIS Article, which is where I first heard about it. Besides telling a remarkable story, the author recommends 6:1 ("I particularly liked using one part Glenmorangie’s smooth 10-year original to six parts gin, then garnishing with lemon peel or a few olives — that way you get a refreshingly brisk first impression that melts into an unexpectedly warm finish, and your gin of choice will still shine.")

I must say, though, that the proper ratio is what you like.

Check out THIS Article, which is where I first heard about it. Besides telling a remarkable story, the author recommends 6:1 ("I particularly liked using one part Glenmorangie’s smooth 10-year original to six parts gin, then garnishing with lemon peel or a few olives — that way you get a refreshingly brisk first impression that melts into an unexpectedly warm finish, and your gin of choice will still shine.")

I must say, though, that the proper ratio is what you like.

I definitely have to try this. Maybe tonight.

I tried a new scotch I never tried before. I was at a friends house and he gave me some. Glenmorangie Single Malt. This stuff blew me away. It is fantastic. This is my new Scotch from now on. I love it. I use to prefer Dewar's 15 year blended Scotch but this Glenmorangie beat it out. This is so smooth. I should not compare it to Dewar's blended Scotch. They are both great just different taste. You can't go wrong with either one.

View attachment 1257797
I am also enjoying this scotch. If you like it, try the rest of the line. They get better and better. The prices do not jump into the stratosphere either!
77624D86-796C-4E83-9ED6-7E24BFD5AA2E.jpeg

These are the next 2 in the line. I’m looking to get the last which is aged in Sauterne wine casks. Just delicious in my book.

Cheers my friend!

Top Bottom