What's new

Fougere Royale search

The Paco Rabanne pour Homme is a great call. Nails the scent as I know it (B&M Fern). Plus, it’s just so damn retro and cool.

PAA Doppelgänger Green (if you can find it) might even be better than the current Paco Rabanne formulation, as it’s designed to reproduce the original PRpH formulation.

Did you choose something @janSobieski?
Thanks for asking. Am still listening to all these helpful replies, and looking around at the options. It's difficult when things can disappear from production so quickly. 😟

PRPH has been in continuous production for decades; it's a safe bet to stick around! 😀
Well, obviously, I did not mean that one, which I have already had for years, but was referring to the other suggestions that posters indicated are no longer in production (see the last post from "Settling for DFS" about PAA).

I didn't think it was helpful or necessary to reply to all the helpful suggestions with "I already have that one, try again." 😉

Last edited:
I own the current formulation of Fougere Royale but have not smelled the original. So, I’m sorry if I Can’t suggest a close relative BUT the fougere is a favourite fragrance genre and I can at least recommend some ”bangers”.

Rogue Bon Monsieur - its like Fougere Royale dialed up to 11. Mossy, Green, aromatic. Its like smelling a green emerald covered in moss and lavender.

Floris Elite - Soapy moss with some woods and a citrus top.

Aramis Tuscany- Creamy citrus with a mossy and spicy base. ”Spicy” shaving foam in an italian style.

Bogart ”signature” - The Hyde of Paco Rabanne pour hommes Dr. Jekyll. Leather, lavender, moss. Dark, rich and very refined.

Alpa Fougere cologne - very affordable fougere that smells really elegant and way more expensive than it is.

Has been said before but Tom Ford beau de jour. A modern take on the Fougere Royale DNA with some added amber sweetness in the drydown.

Top Bottom