What's new

Floid Sandolor, the Italian pre-shave gel

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Floid Sandolor is a fantastic pre-shave gel made in Italy (Bologna) by The Colomer Group. It is a relatively new product developed for professional use and it’s currently very popular among Italian Master Barbers. This gel is, in my opinion, outstanding. It has to be applied to the face before lathering up. Once applied, its unique formulation allows to soften the wiskers, to protect the skin from the blade and to improve the overall performance of your shaving cream, creating an extra layer of lubrication. Furthermore, it will not give you any kind of oily sensation, it will not clog your razor and it will rinse out easily. If you have sensitive skin, heavy beard or simply little time to prep, this lotion can certainly be a great help. Availability of Floid Sandolor is excellent. Here in Italy you can find it at almost any barbershop supplier, at the ridiculous price of € 7 for 200 ml (6.8 fl. oz.) of product. Abroad several on-line stores sell it at a very reasonable cost. Again, price is low, quality is high. The packaging is traditional and simple, just a plastic bottle with the famous “Floid” logo impressed. The scent is sweet and classic, of true Italian old barbershops. And what really counts is the performance, that is amazing. I want to repeat it a second time, the Sandolor is a super performing, effective and powerful pre-shave treatment. For a closer, smoother, better shave. And, also, this product is branded Floid, a label that is sinonimous of superior quality since 1932. Meraviglioso.

P.S. Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Sorbitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Citronellol, Linalool, CI 19140, CI 42090.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Tom, last week my barber gave me a SUPERB shave, using hot towels, Floid Sandolor and P.160 Tipo Morbido. WOW!!! :thumbup:

A very timely review Marco, my Proraso Pre is running low and it now seems that I've found it's successor!

Even better news, one of my preferred online shops has it in stock. It feels as if the shaving gods have patted me on the head and said "Good boy, Roy":001_smile

A very timely review Marco, my Proraso Pre is running low and it now seems that I've found it's successor!

Even better news, one of my preferred online shops has it in stock. It feels as if the shaving gods have patted me on the head and said "Good boy, Roy":001_smile

Outstanding.
My Proraso Pre is scraping the bottom and I was poking around looking for another, when, Voila (<--Sorry, I don't know the Italian :001_smile), this dropped right into my lap.

I tried this today and it's terrific. So much so that I will either sell or trash my AOS pre-shave oil.

Todays shave was without having showered 1st and with a new for me blade. A 7'Oclock Yellow in a Tech.

Very impressive performance and I highly recommend it.

I cannot imagine how it could get any better, even using my best combination.
Shower+Tech+Feather.

Wow, thanks Marco.

Tom, last week my barber gave me a SUPERB shave, using hot towels, Floid Sandolor and P.160 Tipo Morbido. WOW!!! :thumbup:

Hi Marco,

What Is the right way to use SANDOLOR,?

Application, massage in, let it dry and then lathering?
Lathering immediately when Floid is still wet?

Thanks for your appreciated advises.

Tam

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hi Marco,

What Is the right way to use SANDOLOR,?

Application, massage in, let it dry and then lathering?
Lathering immediately when Floid is still wet?

Thanks for your appreciated advises.

Tam

Hi Tam, I proceed as follows:

Run my face under hot water for about 30 seconds;
Take about an Almond size (or even more) of gel and work it carefully all over my face;
I work it for about one minute, taking care to make a circular motion with my fingers against the grain;
I lather on the top of the gel while still wet.

This way Floid Sandolor works very well. :wink2:

Hi Tam, I proceed as follows:

Run my face under hot water for about 30 seconds;
Take about an Almond size (or even more) of gel and work it carefully all over my face;
I work it for about one minute, taking care to make a circular motion with my fingers against the grain;
I lather on the top of the gel while still wet.

This way Floid Sandolor works very well. :wink2:

Thanks Marco! I ll do like you wrote tomorrow morning:thumbup:

Tam

Thanks for this review, Marco. I just bought two bottles of this on German ebay. Very much looking forward to trying this out even though I'll have to look for an alternative soon.

Florian

strop

Now half as wise
Is this stuff available again? I used up the last of my stash a couple of months ago, but thought it had been discontinued sometime last year.

Top Bottom