What's new

Flannel Shirts

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Thanks gents - I'll factor in your experiences if I order! Kinda interesting that they seem to have more of the extreme fits available, either slim or fatty versions, than standard. I also wondered what an untucked length is for ..

Thanks gents - I'll factor in your experiences if I order! Kinda interesting that they seem to have more of the extreme fits available, either slim or fatty versions, than standard. I also wondered what an untucked length is for ..
Untucked length is a bit shorter. Essentially, it won't cover your @$$ if you decide to wear it untucked. Which, I assume, also means it will easily pull out of your pants if you attempted to wear it "tucked". I have no experience with these, just my assumptions.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I just ordered a first Vermont Flannel. I am excited. I have not bought a flannel shirt in decades. The one in my closet I usually grab on cool but not cold days is from Britches of Georgetown, defunct a long time.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just ordered a first Vermont Flannel. I am excited. I have not bought a flannel shirt in decades. The one in my closet I usually grab on cool but not cold days is from Britches of Georgetown, defunct a long time.
Let us (ME! lol) know what you think of the fit please...

I am going to make a prediction that it will become one of your favorites...

I've been ordering Orvis flannel shirts from Costco. Orvis shirts are heavyweight and are great quality. They only negative is the color selection is only four. The best part is when they are on sale they are $14.99. $5.00 off the regular price. Shipping included

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Orvis flannel shirts from Costco.

The best part is when they are on sale they are $14.99. $5.00 off the regular price. Shipping included

There is something to be said for buying cheap flannel shirts and wearing them hard in all circumstances until they wear out, and then getting more.

I once bought (from a clearance outlet at significant discount) a flannel shirt from Dunhill. The fabric is very fine and wonderful texture, and the buttons (IIRC) are real pearl rather than plastic. Very high quality of manufacture. It would have cost a lot at regular price, and still was a bit spendy on discount.

But I'd never wear it for hauling firewood.

1633722557450.jpeg

garyg

Shirt from Vermont Flannel arrived. The flannel is thick, soft, and luxury. The detailing is excellent. I am a fan and thrilled to have a MiUSA option.
Sounds nice - can you share how it fit vis a vis what you expected? Thanks - Farmer Tan wants to know too I note - Michiganders be picky about their flannels since we're in them through May ☃️..

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Sounds nice - can you share how it fit vis a vis what you expected? Thanks - Farmer Tan wants to know too I note - Michiganders be picky about their flannels since we're in them through May ☃️..
Fit is as specified. Precise. No slack. More fitted than baggy. If you like them loose, I'd size up.

I love LL Bean's flannel. Quality is outstanding and the cost is reasonable (IMO).

Eddie Bauer makes some nice stuff too.

Filson makes outstanding flannel, but you're probably going to pay 2-3x more than LL Bean's shirts.

Duluth makes great stuff, but I struggle with sizing on some of their clothes.

Prefer a button down collar- they don't seem to offer that detail

LL Bean offer flannel button-down collars.

My favorite used to be Woolrich. They were expensive but they made these real heavyweight Chamois shirts that I liked. They've changed their product line and trying to appeal to a new customer. They opened a store in Soho in NYC.

garyg

I love LL Bean's flannel. Quality is outstanding and the cost is reasonable (IMO).

Eddie Bauer makes some nice stuff too.

Filson makes outstanding flannel, but you're probably going to pay 2-3x more than LL Bean's shirts.

Duluth makes great stuff, but I struggle with sizing on some of their clothes.

LL Bean offer flannel button-down collars.

Yeah that's why most of mine are from Freeport .. I like the button down and also the authentic tartans they offer. Additionally, old LL doesn't cross the plaids on the pockets like the cost-cutters do .. showing an attention to detail that escapes some of the boutique buys

Top Bottom