What's new

First against grain shave with de ingrown hairs

I was wondering what did I do wrong, it was my first shave against the grave after a week of shaving only with the grain. I was left with many ingrown hairs in areas I typically do not see like under my chin and on my moustache. I was wondering is there anything I did wrong or that would help.

Since you say you have only been DE shaving for a week, my guess would be that the problem lies in your technique. It took me far longer than 1 week to get to the stage where I got no irritation and a great shave. The hardest thing was the art of shaving with no pressure. Once I got that down pat my shaves improved outta sight.
Recently after almost 12 months shaving with a DE, I started getting irritation again. I decided to slow things down and review my technique. It turned out that although I wield a DE with confidence, I was not concentrating on technique and was applying (just a little) pressure.
To sum up, when shaving, always be mindful of what you are doing. Clear your mind and focus on each stroke of the razor, its angle etc. Get totally absorbed in the moment. To me, that is the zen of wetshaving.

Pete

Top Bottom