What's new

Fine Snake Bite

When I read posts like this I cringe. I've promised to myself that 2017 will be purchase free, unless absolutely necessary. You really aren't helping me. 😩

$6 worth of menthol crystals and you can do this to every AS you own or will buy for a few years. I enjoy the Snakebite, but I prefer something with a better ( subjective I know) scent.

Everclear and menthol crystals. Done. If you want add some vegatable glycerin and some witch hazel. I've pushed the limit on menthol crystals. First application resulted in watery eyes, actually tear ducts in fully production, for 15 to 20 minutes. The face freeze is addictive and the nice thing is once it flashes off I can apply scented aftershave / cologne and I don't have a scent conflict.

I'm in! Love the stuff as I do with many other fine products. I used it last week and decided it is a summer aftershave for me. Face was minty fresh for a good 1/2 hour.

You can smell the menthol in Snake Bite, but you want to add menthol crystals into Florida Water and give that a blast.

Yeah, I could save money if I took the time to buy menthol crystals, &c. Happy for those of you who do. But then I wouldn't have the joy of seeing this label on the bottle sitting next to my razor:

"Guaranteed tenfold increase in vigor, bravery, and pluck. The weak become strong. The lazy become lively. And the meek become leaders of men. Contents flammable. Keep away from women and children."

yeah, I needed some aftershave and I nothing about this stuff but bought it anyway and it is awesome, I love it and plan to buy Fine American Classic (I think that's the name)

Everclear and menthol crystals. Done. If you want add some vegatable glycerin and some witch hazel. I've pushed the limit on menthol crystals. First application resulted in watery eyes, actually tear ducts in fully production, for 15 to 20 minutes. The face freeze is addictive and the nice thing is once it flashes off I can apply scented aftershave / cologne and I don't have a scent conflict.
Do you have a recipe you can share, i.e. proportions to use?

You could really make most anything in life you need and save money, but it's not what I want to do with my time. I love snake bite on a hot day or a shave after a workout. It's great stuff and $15 is worth me not having to go buy everything and make it myself.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Would anyone care yo share how you add menthol to an AS? Do you have to boil them to dissolve them or add directly as is? Thanks in advance.

Would anyone care yo share how you add menthol to an AS? Do you have to boil them to dissolve them or add directly as is? Thanks in advance.
Simple. Google "menthol crystals." Buy a small jar of them for around $5-9 bucks. It looks like rock candy in the jar. Take your favorite aftershave and simply drop 2-3 crystals of varrying length into the aftershave. Shake it and wait about 5 minutes until you see it all dissolved. Then try it out. Don't add too much at first because you could alter the nice characteristics of an already great aftershave. If you want a stronger menthol kick, add another crystal or two until you've found Nirvana in a bottle. Again, it takes about 5 minutes to shake and dissolve the crystals. Or put them in the bottle, go eat a sandwich and come back. They should be dissolved. It dissolves like sugar or salt. No heating is necessary. BOOM, you're done. Enjoy!

Top Bottom