What's new

Favorite Quote(s) or One Liner(s)

Nobel Prize-winning British physicist Paul Dirac was notoriously taciturn. During the question period after a lecture he gave at the University of Toronto, a member of the audience remarked that he hadn't understood part of a derivation. There followed a long and increasingly awkward silence. When the host finally prodded him to respond, Dirac simply said

'That was a statement, not a question'

My faves, often used in .Sig, and in the case of the first two, they will follow me to the grave. As an MD I cannot and would not want to get Inked too harshly, these tattoos are white over very white skin and on the inside of my biceps.

*-"Imperare sibi maximum imperium est" *Seneca*
Control over ones self, ones being, ones thoughts, ones actions, ones happiness, ones impression, ones speech, ones projection etc ... is the greatest power of all.
((Tattooed in white titanium dioxide on my left inner bicep))
View attachment 143665

*-"Vivere Disce - Cogita Mori" *sundial inscription*
Learn to live, remember death. There can be MANY interpretations to this one. As a physician - Live damnit, you'll die one day. As an epicurean - Live well and live right, there is an end to this wondrous ride. As a member of a civilization (though I often wonder just how civilized we are) - Live correctly and with regard for others, death is looming and how will you be remembered.
((Tattooed in white titanium dioxide on my right inner bicep))
View attachment 143664

*- "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." *Nietzsche*

*-"A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence University education." *Shaw*

*-This one has a story, it became our "family motto": as me and my brothers grew up, Mom would say "be good" when we headed out, we'd always answer "nope, but I'll be good at it ;-)." This became, "be good or be good at it", in other words if you're going to indulge, learn to do it right, do it well, do it with respect for that pleasure or indulgence, and do it completely :) You want to drink, make it a real spirit with history and get educated: my little brothers visited all of Islay ... that's the love of Scotch ... to ditch yourself on a northern windswept barren island of Scotland.

And finally, in my signature, see below.

Last edited:
"So different than our first party at the reform school."

Louis Feinberg

proxy.php

To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems.
-Homer J. Simpson

Beer is proof God loves us.
-Ben Franklin

"They tied me up and made me listen to singing commercials. I thought I'd go mad!... MAD!" - Emil Sitka

Hold hands, you lovebirds! - Emil Sitka

proxy.php

Last edited:
Bit of a story behind this one.

Brendan Behan, an Irish poet and writer, was asked by Guinness to come up with a new slogan for their advertising campaign. He said he would if two grates of Guinness were delivered to him. The next day some people from Guinness went to him for the new slogan. The slogan he arrived at was;

Guinness gets you drunk!

They didn't go for it :001_rolle

Another favourite of mine;

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines" - Steve McCroskey (Llyod Bridges in Airplane)

Top Bottom