What's new

Favorite Bath Soap?

I love the way it lathers and the scent is excellent. When I'm not ordering on line, I tend to buy at TJ Maxx or at local craft shows. My wife picked up a bar of lavender/patchouli this morning.

I have been an avid user of TBS Maca Root face soap but I have been experimenting the past two weeks using Stirling Soaps Tree Oil tallow soap instead. As a facial soap, it does leave my face a tad bit dryer but this is more desirable for me as I have oily skin and very prone to acne (Asian-descent). Honestly, my face has never looked or felt better. I have used it couple of times on my body as well, and the drying effect is also apparent. I have used the Stirling Coastal, Almond, and Oatmeal Shea Butter (very gritty for exfoliating purpose) tallow soaps and all leave the skin better moisturized and more supple than the Tea Tree version.

I will be placing another order soon as the SWMBO is complaining of being out of the Almond bar...Dr. Bronners Almond Castille liquid just doesn't compete.

I really don't see any reason why I would use anything besides QCS or Stirling bath soap, as long as they continue to be made. Just fantastic soaps. A++

Irish spring is the one for me. I buy 20 bar packs at Costco and it just seems to get better the longer it sits. It takes me a few years to use up 20 bars by myself.

I really like Mike's Barber Shop and Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna. The C&E is triple milled and lasts a long time. Both are great scents.

I have been using Irish Spring and Gold Dial but since being a member here I have learned there is a whole plethora of different kind of soaps out there and now I have a few that I am going to try out. I have been using the Yardley Almond and Oatmeal which has a very nice smell and it exfoliates. I also have PRE de Provence White Gardenia, Harris Teeter Cotton Milk and a small sample bar of Speick Soap. It is amazing what B&B has opened me up to.

I love a bunch of bath soaps, some of my all time favourites are:

Nancy Boy:
Great soaps that lather easily leaving skin moisturized. The lather itself is creamy and thick with little effort or use of soap itself meaning the bars do last a good amount of time (at least 8 weeks). The bars cost $8 and weighs 200g. The scents are very appealing and last throughout the entire use of the soap. Does not leave skin scented for long if at all and is not overbearing either. I do not care for the replenishing or spa scent; hate eucalyptus in the spa scent.

Yves Rocher:
Great French company and for those that care try to use organics and no parabens (I could care less). They lather up with zero effort and leave my skin exceptionally moisturized as well. Sadly the number of scents is on the lower side but all are fantastic. I should add that these are the least scented in terms of power but it smells great in the shower. The bars are relatively cheap when compared to many of the higher end soaps at $4.50 for 100g. They easily last approximately 5-6 weeks with no problems. My only wish is that they had even more scents. Interestingly enough more scents are offered in Europe.

L'Occitane Cade:
They all make fantastic leather, that is creamy and moisturizing. Another bonus is the fact that it does not take long nor large quantities of soap to make a large volume of lather. Sadly one of my favourite scents (orange and cinnamon) is not available on the Canadian website (Found it in Romania). Other great scents which are decently strong but certainly not overpowering is Verbana, Cherry Blossom (For the wife, leaves skin smelling divine) and Almond Delicious Soap; speaking of almonds, their almond shower oil is not only insanely moisturizing but smells fantastic, sadly it takes a fair amount to make good lather and not exactly cheap either ($24 for 250mL). The downside for this company is cost ($14 for 250g soap lasting a good 7-8 weeks), but it is high quality.

Institute Karite:
Another great French company that sells fantastic soaps at a price comparable to L'Occitane ($7.5 for 100g; italianbarber.com has them). Sadly not all scents are available but they are darn good. The presence of Shea makes these bars fantastically moisturizing and extremely gentle. Like most European soap makers the scent is spectacular but always on the light side. Last approximately 5 weeks.

Lush:
By far not a staple in my bath soap routine but they are nice. Those that look for strong smelling soaps will love these. The problem is my that they just seem to disappear with few uses as in literally 100g gone in less then 3 weeks. The average price range is from $6.40-7.95. They are relatively moisturizing but not overly so. They rinse of very cleanly and usually leave the skin squeaky clean (I really mean squeaky clean) but oddly enough the skin is not dry which is great. I might add that for those that care they try to give that very environmental vibe however they still use parabens, sulfates etc. They really try to add some interesting ingredients including natural juices, fruits etc so it is different from mainstream.

Happy washing everyone,

D

L'Occitane's Vetiver Wood and their Verbena. Unfortunately they're fairly expensive.

I also love the big soaps I've found at T.J. Maxx...Alchimia and Amalfi, both made in Portugal I believe.

KMF Soaps work great but I don't care for the olive oil smell.

I made the mistake of buying a LOT of Yardley when it was on sale. It smelled great in the store, but I'm finding I don't care for the underlying base scent.

I used to be a fan of Irish Spring and Zest until I found the B&B forums. Now that I've quit using those, my skin doesn't get so damn itchy in the winter.

I have been using Every Man Jack face and body scrub. I have very oily skin and am prone to getting pimples on head and back of neck and shoulders. Since I discovered EmJ, my pimples are nonexistent.

Top Bottom