What's new

Fantastic customer service from Fine Accoutrements

Posting my experience dealing with Fine Accoutrements for a warranty replacement on a defective brush.

Folks might remember that I was pretty keen on receiving a couple of Fine brushes (a "Stout" and a "Classic") at a sizeable discount from Amazon; I posted about them in the "What are you unpacking?" thread. Unfortunately, the Classic's knot was damaged on arrival:

Stout on the left, Classic on the right:

proxy.php

A large clump of hairs fell out of the centre of the knot when I brushed my hand over it. When I looked more closely, I could see that some of the hairs were actually looped (i.e. both ends were glued to the plug). Obviously, something was wonky, so I sent the photo to Fine to ask if it was salvageable.

Todd Cerami (Fine's owner) didn't ask any questions. He just asked for my address so he could send me a new brush. He didn't care that I hadn't bought it directly from Fine or mention that shipping to Canada was a headache. I supplied my address and, the next day, the replacement brush was shipped. The holidays and customs slowed things down, but this is what the mail carrier brought on New Year's Eve:

proxy.php

This one's knot is in perfect shape. I'm going to shave with it later today!

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with my interaction with Fine Accoutrements. I had been planning to buy some Fine shave soaps from Amazon, but I'm going to deal with Fine directly, instead. Their great service deserves to be rewarded with my future business.

Meanwhile, I'm going to drill out the knot from the defective brush and set a new knot. When I'm done, it'll be almost like getting two brushes for the price of one. :001_smile

I just wanted to report the same experience with bristles falling out of a Stout Synthetic brush and I emailed FA and Todd C. Asked no questions and is sending me a new Stout brush. This is outstanding service! You have to love it when retailers stand behind their products!

Top Bottom