What's new

El Jefe head PIF

I received the El Jefe head this morning! I have a Tech handle that fits it pretty nicely. John was kind enough to send along several different AC blades for me to try; Feather Pro, Schick Proline, Captain Pro Touch, and a Captain Titan mild.
I think I'll try the Feather first. I had already shaved with my GEM 1912 by the time I got the package; I was thinking about not shaving today since I had a snow day from school. Looking forward to my first AC shave tomorrow d.v. I'll give some impressions after.

I'm thinking this is an evil plot by John to lure me from straights and into the SE collective.:001_smile

Thanks again John for a very generous PIF.

Nice PIF not in.
-Chuck_Norris-_01.jpg

I've had three shaves with the El Jefe; the first 2 I used the Feather Pro blade, and today I tried a Schick proline. Some initial thoughts:
1. I'm still getting used to the angle. With my GEMs I'm flat to the face pretty much; the El Jefe seems to have a more DE type of angle. Am I correct in this?
2. I may have to get one of the Ikon handles; I looked at the web site Ikon's handles are a hefty 73 grams compared to the 24 grams of my Tech handle. It seems like the razor may balance better. Any recommendations here?
3. On the first shave with the Feather pro I had a 3 weepers 1 on the upper lip and 2 on the chin. I never felt any reason for them. A couple of times I thought I would draw blood when I was going ATG on my neck, but there was no blood. This was most certainly due to operator error (too much pressure) on my part. There was more alum block tingle then I'm used to or care for all over, and I could definitely feel the blade. But, this is probably one of the closest shaves I've ever had judging from the 12 hour post shave lack of stubble. The second shave yesterday was much the same with a couple more weepers on the chin.
4. I decided to change it up this morning with a Schick Proline. This blade seemed much smoother than the Feather, and less alum block tingle. Now, 8 hours into it I'm feeling like I just shaved. I'm wondering if my perception of this is biased because of all the love the Schick blades have been getting lately on the forum, but I'm sure I had less blade feel and a smoother shave today.

If any of you El Jefe Jockeys have any pro tips to pass along please do.
Thanks for looking, and thanks again John for a great PIF!

John

I have 3 El-Jefe heads and one MR-SE which shows it's my favorite SE. It used to give me a few weepers on the Pro, but since I started using the P-30's, it's the smoothest razor in my den and also the perfectly efficient one for me. It will take you a few shaves to dial in the correct angle and then you will be in shaving heaven. I doubt you will find a smoother SE for this money unless you go for the ATT SE1 which I hear is a tad smoother. This I'll let you know the moment I receive the ATT and put it o the test. Happy shavings with your El-Jefe.

IF I get a weeper it is on the lower part of my neck where I'll lose focus on the angle. This razor needs a very light touch.

@Jayber Crow , I can't really help you with the angle right now as I don't really think about it. I put the top on my face and lower until it cuts. Tomorrow I'll dig out my El Jefe and look at the angle.

Top Bottom