What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have four of these mugs acquired some years ago and prices have risen sharply since then, but this is ridiculous.

1713637369557.png

Two interesting ones, the executive seems fair considering it’s more user grade/incomplete condition and the Regents are getting up there. It seems hard to find a real regent these days.View attachment 1834161View attachment 1834162
That Regent especially is a very fair price to my mind.

A bit of a missing link with an opaque production history. Mid-late 1944 I think Then a restart in 1945. A false dawn in US production when the Govt thought the war was close to ending and was relaxing restrictions on making 'luxury' consumer goods.

That case is in fantastic condition.

Last edited:
What is the difference between this and the aristocrat? End caps?
It's a bit of a puzzle the Regent Tech.

Anyway this Regent Tech got launched in mid-late 1944, and was really marketed in 1945. It seems to be made of spare parts from old stock 1941 Aristocrat handles and Milord or Ranger Tech heads. The pat no on package is not on the heads, so it seems to date the heads 1941 as they had it written on the shipping box.

Gillette had been making aircraft engine parts and 3 piece Techs for the military, but there was a relaxation in the rules for making domestic products and their razors sometime in 1944. So it may be Gillette wanted to get a new product out there fast to revive post war consumer interest in new Gillette models.

That case is made of wood. War time utility. It predates the Super Speed era so it may be called the last of the Milord/Milady/Ranger Tech family.

A cased set like that in such good condition is very very rare.

Last edited:
F4 (1960) Bottom dial Fatboy, captured for $2125 by a snipe in the last 2 seconds!
Some issues, incomplete case (missing lid), otherwise pretty clean looking.

View attachment 1670005

Damage. Not gonna find that part easily ... Ouch.
View attachment 1670004

WOW!
Wow! Fro that money it would have to be in pristine condition. I wouldn’t pay more than $100 for this one.

Top Bottom