What's new

Don Maynard Dead

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
1643069759975.gif

Joe and Don.

12 to 13.

They were great together.

Maynard ran perfect routes, knew how to read the defenders so he could improvise, and, man: he had great great hands.

And:

He had Joe who could read any D (as good as Brady) and consistently deliver the ball, in stride.

He had the Snell/Boozer semi haulers. I used to play cornerback. A great running game always gives the receiver that extra advantage. Those two, running behind that O line, were outstanding.

I loved that Jets team and many afterwards. Oilers fan, too, with Earl Campbell.

Sad to see Don go...as shall we all. RIP, Don Maynard.

And for anyone reading this thread:

I’m sure you were a fan of his and whatever I wrote is old news to you. Just had to say it. I loved this Jets team.

He was one of my favoites. The days of Maynard, Boozer and Namath made me proud to be a Jet fan. It was great to be a football fan back then. Not much to root for in the last 50 years. The NFL has been dead to me for years.
Maynard was a Texan to be proud of for sure….I remember watching that Super Bowl and thinking the world is coming to an end. Could not believe the mighty NFL Colts lost to an AFL team. Namath and the staff put together one heck of a game plan that Sunday.

Top Bottom