What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913

Every, oh, year or so, I start another "Any word on Domenico Caraceni?" thread here in hopes someone may have heard something encouraging about another production run of DC. I still have an almost full bottle, and I use it sparingly, but someday I have to run out, and though I keep scouting around for a worthy replacement, DC remains in its own class. Hoping somebody may have heard some good news on the DC 1913 front.
Thanks

I have heard nothing and it is a real shame. I like DC Ivy League even more, and it appears to have gone out of production even before DC 1913.

I've never tried the Ivy League and not sure I've even seen it anywhere. 1913 is getting really hard to find and, when you do, the asking prices are getting offensive. I'm down to 3/4 of my last bottle, and using is very sparely now.

I have heard rumors it would be back in production. It would be a reformulation and a different bottle, but as good as the old one (I'm also using my bottle of the original juice sparingly).

See also:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/NEW-EAU-DE-T...0?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item4aeaaa2eec

Always some risk in the re-formulations. The bean-counters always have a less-than-wholesome influence on the results. I would much rather have the original formula and pay more, but the marketing people will say that won't work either. Any re-appearance of the product, even slightly compromised, would have a welcome effect on the remaining supply or original juice.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have been waiting for Ivy League to return as well. That is a great green frag. Sadly, I dont think it will ever be reproduced.

It is being produced again, albeit a slightly re-formulated version. While I haven't smelled the new version, it is supposed to be very similar to the original. Not available in the States yet, but can be purchased in Italy.

It is being produced again, albeit a slightly re-formulated version. While I haven't smelled the new version, it is supposed to be very similar to the original. Not available in the States yet, but can be purchased in Italy.

Thanks, I have an eBay source who I'm going to contact about this. Keep you posted.

For any interested, I have two inquiries out on the possible availability of Domenico Caraceni 1913 new formulation. I've contacted an eBay vendor of fragrances located in Italy, and I've e-mailed LuckySents in Ca. I'll post the results here as soon as I hear anything promising.

I received a response from Andrea at LuckyScent in LA, saying that they are working now to bring Domenico Caraceni 1913 back into stock, hopefully by fall. Finally, the production run I was starting to think would never happen.

Domenico Caraceni 1913 is one of my all time favorites. I'm down to less than half a bottle and have been using it on special occasions. I was delighted to find my other favorite fragrance, Creed Windsor, has been re-released as Royal Mayfair, and have 250 mL heading my way. I'll let everyone know how it compares to the original. If 1913 comes back on the market as well, there will be nothing among my top half dozen fragrances that would no longer be available. (Luckily, I've never tried vintage Tabarone.)

I ran out over a year ago, then lucked into a collector who was liquidating his frag collection, including his practically full bottle of DC 1913. The great thing was he had kept his entire collection in a cooler, so it was mint. His DC was the only thing left I wanted, but I got what I felt was a very reasonable deal on it, so I felt very lucky. There are a couple of bottles on FleaBay now, but they want a high dollar for them, and with the age, you have to wonder about the strength and freshness of the bottle. Unless you can find a vintage bottle that's been kept properly, I'd rather chance the re-formulation, and expect it'll be less expensive too.
Where did you get the Mayfair? I haven't found it yet.

I ran out over a year ago, then lucked into a collector who was liquidating his frag collection, including his practically full bottle of DC 1913. The great thing was he had kept his entire collection in a cooler, so it was mint. His DC was the only thing left I wanted, but I got what I felt was a very reasonable deal on it, so I felt very lucky. There are a couple of bottles on FleaBay now, but they want a high dollar for them, and with the age, you have to wonder about the strength and freshness of the bottle. Unless you can find a vintage bottle that's been kept properly, I'd rather chance the re-formulation, and expect it'll be less expensive too.
Where did you get the Mayfair? I haven't found it yet.

The only place it is available is directly from Creed. I have seen splits forming on Reddit.

I received a follow-up e-mail today from Andrea at LuckyScent that Domenico Caraceni 1913 is finally back in stock.
I just ordered a bottle, still only $135.00 for 100 ml. Still a steal.

Last edited:
I received a follow-up e-mail today from Andrea at LuckyScent that Domenico Caraceni 1913 is finally back in stock.
I just ordered a bottle, still only $135.00 for 100 ml. Still a steal.

I just got that message too. Debating whether or not to order a bottle myself.

I've been nursing what's left in my bottle for several years. I'd promised myself that I would buy it immediately if I ever found it again. I had friends look for it when they traveled to Italy. Order placed!

I've been nursing what's left in my bottle for several years. I'd promised myself that I would buy it immediately if I ever found it again. I had friends look for it when they traveled to Italy. Order placed!

That was my thinking also. I was down to 3/4 of a bottle with no answer in sight, so promised myself if it ever came back on the market I wouldn't be in that position again. Really thought the price would be much higher this time and was going to pay whatever it took. At $135.00 I didn't have to think about it. Now we see if it's as good as the original formula.

Last edited:
Top Bottom