What's new

Does anyone get diarrhea from eating potato skins?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Does anyone get diarrhea or immediate bowel movement from eating potato skins?

I think it happened to me once, but I haven't had that problem any more.

I eat one whole baked potato and the entire potato skin. This is no problem any more.

If you got the potato at a restaurant I would suspect some additive like MSG or the like is what is causing your issue.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You were probably lacking in fiber and roughage and the skins started your insides working

Yep- I used to get this with just about every food, and eggs (which I love) were the worst. I have upped my fiber intake, and also have to take diphenoxylate for IBS. Luckily, once a day with the pill is all I need, and I am finding I can skip days now. I hate taking pills, so I have a hard time remembering to do so.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
No, but I did stay at a friends house once on an orchard. They grew several varieties of heirloom apples. 15 apples in one day was 14 too many.

BTW, Skillful Abbot loves potato skins.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Any velcro involved here?

Nah- New Balance 630s. I forgot to check the tag before I bought them, or I would have picked another series. NB makes a lot of their shoes here, but the 630 are Malaysian. I also like them because they have comfortable wide shoes. My Red Wing boots are 10.5 EE, and with most tennis shoes I have to bump up to 11.5 or 12 to be comfortable.

Nah- New Balance 630s. I forgot to check the tag before I bought them, or I would have picked another series. NB makes a lot of their shoes here, but the 630 are Malaysian. I also like them because they have comfortable wide shoes. My Red Wing boots are 10.5 EE, and with most tennis shoes I have to bump up to 11.5 or 12 to be comfortable.

My daily driver.

$iu.jpg

Top Bottom