What's new

Did I buy a Fatboy or a Slim?

I just paid $20 for a mint condition Gillette Adjustable. It is an amazing razor. But I don't know if I got a Fatboy or a Slim.

I don't know if pictures would help... I've looked at pictures and they look the same. (but I'm sure there is some difference).

The date code is I1. It is much heavier than my Super Speed Flair tip. So can you tell just by the date code, or is there some other way to tell the difference. BTW, I could not find specs/measures for the sizes of the Fat Boy or Slim.

So... any idea what I got or how to figure it out? I can post a picture if that would help, but I'm feeling logy from all the amazing Thanksgiving food I ate. hehehe

Thanks!

See my sig....

Oh hold on you already have :001_smile

Enjoy your new Slim :thumbup1:

It's a great article. Thanks! And I am enjoying my slim. Today I had it on "3" and it was wonderful. Tomorrow, I try "4."

BTW, I've never really heard of people going higher than "5." What number do most people shave on? (with the obvious YMMV)

It's a great article. Thanks! And I am enjoying my slim. Today I had it on "3" and it was wonderful. Tomorrow, I try "4."

BTW, I've never really heard of people going higher than "5." What number do most people shave on? (with the obvious YMMV)

Mine sits on 7 and I still think it's less aggressive than any of my Brits.... :001_smile

Mine is usually on 7, sometimes on 5 and on occasion it is on 9:thumbup1:

Great razor btw:biggrin1:

Mine is usually on 7, sometimes on 5 and on occasion it is on 9:thumbup1:

Great razor btw:biggrin1:

Today I set it on four.... what a great shave!!!

Tomorrow I'll have a new blade and go to five. I am loving this razor, and especially the weight. I went from Black Tip SS, to Flair, to Slim, and each has been noticeably heavier.

Top Bottom