What's new

Cycling 2018

17.2 again tonight. The weather has turned glorious here. 78/79%/SW9. Front coming tomorrow, so strong S ahead of it and turning W late Friday into Sat.

50 road bike miles. Barely made it home. Had a fever 101.3 last night. Didn’t eat much. Didn’t hydrate. Flatted at 8 miles. Wind against us last 15 or so. 83/7%/SW7.

The usual evening spin of just over 17 miles on the road. The sun was down but still twilight when I got home. 79°/74%/WNW6.

B3396A95-3FE1-4B55-A04D-C5B9C47C0A06.jpeg
Back in the woods! 11+ in Alva. This guy didn’t want to share the trail! Struck at two guys!

Sunday morning Clif Bar breakfast bike. 26.3 miles. Wind increased and turned more E for the last 6.5 home. Just pedal dammit!

Did 16 on Saturday and 17.3 this evening. Cold front came through last night, and winds picked up from the NW today. Temp dropped from 66-62 on the ride, 58%, NW 18. Needed the windbreaker.

17.3 road miles. Winding it down a week before a tri. Hope it warms up a little after this cold front tomorrow. 83/50%/S6.

19+ miles. The tri I was training for was canceled four days prior to the event. Feel bad for those who were flying down, but Naples will be fun without sweating!

My usual winter after work route last evening. We had a crazy day filled with squalls bring gusts well over 50 mph yesterday, but I thought I could sneak out with the headlamp after work. Two large downed limbs on the way out on the multi use path. But the kicker was getting slammed by one of the last squalls of this system on the way home. Hit me from the right side as I turned south for two blocks, and I thought I would have to get shelter against the east side of a home, but I soon turned left and it let up quickly. I was going to duck under a little bridge, but the thought of the critters kept me out in the light rain for a couple minutes before I jumped back on for the last 3 miles. 63/61%/W18

Thought I would come to join you in this part of the forum again. Work and life got crazy and I neglected my bike for a while. Today I took it out for a short 13 miles. It felt like I hadn't ridden in a while, however, somehow I improved my overall pace...so not complaining. Also, it was a beautiful day for a Christmas Eve Ride.

Thirty-seven yesterday morning. 77-82/96-68%/SSE6. When it seems easy going out, you know you have the headwind home. Need to increase mileage ahead of a March double century weekend.

37 degrees F and a stiff breeze yesterday afternoon riding the Fuji hybrid. My joints were feeling it until I got several miles into it.
coldriding.jpg

Top Bottom