What's new

Customizing my SIG P 365

I personally would not modify what I carry for CCW, it rests legal problems.

This was told me by Defense Attorney in AZ, who specializes in defence.

Know when I carry sidearm in Law Dog job, we had strict guide line on Trigger Pull for both Duty & Off Duty Firearms.

Rangemasters did random checks to keep everything in spec.

It was all about prevent or being able to defend litigation.
When you reference Law Dog job I read law enforcement officer, if so I can understand department restrictions on customization. Do you think the attorney was implying that civilians or off duty police carrying personal firearms should likewise not customize?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I will have to modify my kydex IWB holster slightly as the extended mag release has been activated when wearing pants that are a little tight in the waste, wearing looser fitting pants has not resulted in magazine release. Should be an easy fix, I will build up the profile of the mag release with a couple small pieces of duct tape, heat the kydex and remold over the magazine release area. When the tape build up is removed, there should be adequate clearance around the mag release without affecting the overall fit of the holster.

I need to get 2 of my carries in line to about a 3-4 pound pull. I want them all the same, and none will be lighter than the lightest from the factory, that way I'm good from a defense point, but for the OP, you are taking a striker fired weapon to a 3# pull.. the 365 does not come with a manual safety for the most part, i know some variants do and they are fairly simple to install.. my question is are you going to install or have a manual safety already? or shall we wait for your youtube how your firearm went off all by itself and start calling you Hop-A-Long?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I need to get 2 of my carries in line to about a 3-4 pound pull. I want them all the same, and none will be lighter than the lightest from the factory, that way I'm good from a defense point, but for the OP, you are taking a striker fired weapon to a 3# pull.. the 365 does not come with a manual safety for the most part, i know some variants do and they are fairly simple to install.. my question is are you going to install or have a manual safety already? or shall we wait for your youtube how your firearm went off all by itself and start calling you Hop-A-Long?
Don't need no stinking manual safety, the original design didn't have one, some administrative bureaucrat who is poorly trained/untrained decided that everyone was as stupid as he/she is and decided it needed a manual safety. I would like to think that my level of training would suffice to maintain proper trigger finger discipline and avoid any NDs.

Don't need no stinking manual safety, the original design didn't have one, some administrative bureaucrat who is poorly trained/untrained decided that everyone was as stupid as he/she is and decided it needed a manual safety. I would like to think that my level of training would suffice to maintain proper trigger finger discipline and avoid any NDs.
that was said by every single person who has had a negligent discharge, myself included. it is never a matter of IF it will happen as much as WHEN, just like riding a motorcycle, it's only a matter of when you lay it down. I hope you are the exception, but if not, I look forward to the "my 365 went off by itself and almost killed me" video

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IF I have an ND, it will be because I neglect to follow a basic safety procedure, not because my weapon doesn't have a mechanical safety. Mechanical safeties do not prevent fallible people from making stupid mistakes. I'm all for mechanical safeties where they are needed, like the 1911 and similar designs. Big fan of the 1911, I own and trained with one at Gunsite under Col. Jeff Cooper back in the day.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I think the @Hopalong username is already taken? :)

OkieStubble

:ouch1:

OkieStubble

that was said by every single person who has had a negligent discharge, myself included. it is never a matter of IF it will happen as much as WHEN, just like riding a motorcycle, it's only a matter of when you lay it down. I hope you are the exception, but if not, I look forward to the "my 365 went off by itself and almost killed me" video

To be honest, people who carry everyday and take handling their pistols seriously and never experience an ND are the rule and not the exception in my personal experiences. I have carried a pistol in one way or another; and in one capacity or another, since 1985.

In my experience, the small percentage of People with ND’s are the exception and not the rule.

OkieStubble

And these people with ND’s are the exception even with manual safeties. Manual safeties are not ‘exceptions’ proof. :)

Last edited:
I had for many years carried a 1911 lightweight CCO in Milt Sparks IWB and OWB, still do on occasion. The 1911 is one of my bedside guns to this day. I moved to carrying the Sig P365 in a Tulster kydex IWB the last few years and honestly, could not be more satisfied! However… especially when putting on the holster with pistol and taking it off, I’m much more aware of doing so judiciously as there’s no manual safety on the Sig as there are on the 1911. For the record, as with my riding motorcycles for over fifty years, I NEVER mix alcohol with bikes and/or with edc’ing a gun! Too many things not so nice can happen. 😉 Be safe folks and enjoy the P365, great carry piece.
image.jpg

OkieStubble

I had for many years carried a 1911 lightweight CCO in Milt Sparks IWB and OWB, still do on occasion. The 1911 is one of my bedside guns to this day. I moved to carrying the Sig P365 in a Tulster kydex IWB the last few years and honestly, could not be more satisfied! However… especially when putting on the holster with pistol and taking it off, I’m much more aware of doing so judiciously as there’s no manual safety on the Sig as there are on the 1911. For the record, as with my riding motorcycles for over fifty years, I NEVER mix alcohol with bikes and/or with edc’ing a gun! Too many things not so nice can happen. 😉 Be safe folks and enjoy the P365, great carry piece. View attachment 1750516

Have we seen pics of your CCO 1911 and Milt Sparks? :)

I think it’s funny you saying you have carried your 1911 for years single action with a safety, but now you are carrying a striker fired pistol with no safety, you are now ‘extra’ careful? :)

It’s gotta be a mental thing, because I am the exact opposite! :)

I have carried a Glock for 30 years and now that I have a 1911? I am extra careful and seem more conscious with the single action cocked & locked with a thumb safety than I felt like with the Glock?

I would bet money, while we were just both, being self conscious because we weren’t as familiar yet with either? I would bet money we are also both; cautious, careful and attentive with whatever pistol we are handling?

Ever had a ND? Neither have I! :). Coincidence? Me thinks not! ;)

Have we seen pics of your CCO 1911 and Milt Sparks? :)

I think it’s funny you saying you have carried your 1911 for years single action with a safety, but now you are carrying a striker fired pistol with no safety, you are now ‘extra’ careful? :)

It’s gotta be a mental thing, because I am the exact opposite! :)

I have carried a Glock for 30 years and now that I have a 1911? I am extra careful and seem more conscious with the single action cocked & locked with a thumb safety than I felt like with the Glock?

I would bet money, while we were just both, being self conscious because we weren’t as familiar yet with either? I would bet money we are also both; cautious, careful and attentive with whatever pistol we are handling?

Ever had a ND? Neither have I! :). Coincidence? Me thinks not! ;)

Dan Wesson 1911 .45 ACP in Milt Sparks Axiom and Criterion holsters. When transitioning from a 1911 to the P365, I’m ‘aware’ of moving from a safety to a non safety. Enjoy shooting and carrying both pistols. The Sig saves me twelve ounces vs the Lightweight Commander.

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1485.jpeg
IMG_1487.jpeg

Top Bottom