What's new

Crystal Deoderant at Wal Mart??

While we're on the subject can anyone explain the difference between ammonium alum and potassium alum?

Alum is a salt that in chemistry is a combination of an alkali metal, such as sodium, potassium, or ammonium and a trivalent metal, such as aluminum, iron, or chromium. The most common form, potassium aluminum sulfate, or potash alum. Another, sodium aluminum sulfate, is an ingredient in commercially produced baking powder. (Have you never noticed the faint metallic taste in baking powder? It comes from the alum.)

Ammonium Alum NH4Al(SO4)2·12H2O

Potassium Alum KAl(SO4)2·12(H2O)

the wal-mart in my town has a 'liquid crystal' deo .. that is a roll-on .. but it sucks ...

i think what they carry depends mostly on the other availability in your town .. in my area we have 3 health stores, 2 GNC's and other places that stock that kinda stuff .. so people use it .. and wal-mart stocks something similiar to try to get that sale as well.

I just looked at CVS today in Bethlehem, PA (I bought some clubman talc), and saw some Ammonium Alum Deodorant called Natural something or other on the bottom shelf of the ladies deodorant section.

Top Bottom